Write Off

Last night an old man in a bmw 7 series drove into the back of my Almera 1.4si carried on and pushed me into the car infront of me,, took it to the damage assesors today, declared it as a write off and told me to think of a settlement quote to replace it.
Just wondering what you all would think i should say, £1000 i think is reasonable, or should i go higher ?

overall hes done me a favour as the rust was bad and was due an m.o.t on the 9th of jan :p

Best just to look around on autotrader, pistonheads etc for same models and mileage and go to them with a reasonable, if not slightly imaginative offer ;)

but your neck is now sore and you cant go to work and need to see dr, your losing lots of money. Hint hint

yer claim whiplash, then we can all pay for your imaginary injury when we pay even more on next years insurance, great idea :roll:

but your neck is now sore and you cant go to work and need to see dr, your losing lots of money. Hint hint

Its this fucked up attitude, the American way of blaming everyone and making a few quick quid which results in the rise on insurance premiums for everybody. If your not husrt then why do you need to make false claims?

just to let ya all no yea, im NOT claiming whiplash, was never going to, all i want is a car which aint had its backdoors smashed in ;)

nah mate lol, did think about it, but was just crawling in traffic, 5mph max, all he had was a cracked numberplate !
my mate crashed into a car no faster then 5mph and there was no damage on both cars next thing you know whip lash injury claim coming though and they paid out. he was really pissed off as he lost NCB's

yer claim whiplash, then we can all pay for your imaginary injury when we pay even more on next years insurance, great idea :roll:
yeah but the guys loosing his NCB's anyway so it won't make any difference. I wish I claimed whip lash in my first accident that was not my fault. I never claimed in the end lost some sleep and it did god dam hurt and I wish I claimed it now but too late. I was at stand still and this guy hits me in a vectra doing 25 and I slide into this guy in front in a A6 that was also at stand still. it did hurt. I remember saying oh sh!t when he hit me and my glasses shot off and landed on the dashboard

just to let ya all no yea, im NOT claiming whiplash, was never going to, all i want is a car which aint had its backdoors smashed in ;)
do not settle with insurance the first time. if it has sentimental value then tell them and if your not getting X-amount you will not settle for it. I would mate the guy is loosing his NCB's anyway so get as much money off them as you can.

tell you now "touch wood" if some one hits my car I would want at least 5k for it otherwise they can f@k off and they can repair it

Back
Top Bottom