X-Trail GT- SR20VET Neo VVL? N15 Transplant possibilities?

shaggy_master

brapp brapp!
After many hours of trolling through various websites, I found that in Japan only, the Nissan X-Trail GT is powered by an SR20VET Neo VVL TURBO, which produces 276bhp STANDARD.

A video of acceleration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgVhlJqAhqI

What do you think the possibilities of finding one of these engines are?

And what about the possibilities of swapping one of these into an N15 almera?

Regards, Joe

Physically it will fit, its an SR20.
Reality of finding one - not much chance

Its quite well known to exist, but not in UK. I think iam_happy46 in Australia has one.

It would beut the cost of getting one would be rediculous! Another membere had an idea! SR20DET Block with SR20VE Head and DET Turbo gives you SR20VE+T

You can buy those engines new off Nissan

for 6 grand.

I remember Iam_happy saying for £9k he will land you one, might be alrite in a GTi-r with the 4wd but in a fwd Almera it would be alot of smoke.

Really, is is that much better than a well built DET?

For £9k 276bhp seems quite low....is all the fuss because it has VVL Y0o0o00?

sri_alan said:
Surely its £9k cos its a brand new engine??

Yeh, I know the £9k is for the new engine from Nissans point of view, but say I was going for a high power SR20...personally wouldn't spalsh nearly 10k on one of them.

GTi kurt said:
Yeh, I know the £9k is for the new engine from Nissans point of view, but say I was going for a high power SR20...personally wouldn't spalsh nearly 10k on one of them.

Aye i see what you mean now, you could do alot more damage going along the "give your engine to a tuner and hand them 9k" route

right it would fit as it would bolt straight to the gti gbox.. it doesnt have a different cam lobe on the exhaust side and your better off spending the same cash on a DET or DE+T and having a shit load more power

Oh by no means am I going to spend 9 grand on one of those engines haha.
It was just an idea.
There's so many options out there, i'm baffled as to what to go with. I might just see what comes at the right time..

there's one guy here in aussie who is confirmed to have one.... he was putting it in to his N14 pulsar but he's selling up now because budget doesn't allow him to go the whole way...

once you factor in all the auxillary mods it was going to be a biiiig project.

Back
Top Bottom