xenon headlight bulbs.

am thinking of getting some of these bulbs as they appear to be good. can any one give me some feedback as to what they think about these bulbs, as opposed to the standard headlight bulbs. i know there was a group buy a while back, so maybe the guys that got some then can give me some feedback.
thanx
glenn

I've not yet fitted my Xenon bulbs from the group buy, but the glass is a bluish tint and maybe not legal for street use (time will tell). Of the fully legal bulbs, the Philips Vision Plus bulbs are the dogs bollocks, apparently.

The ones from the group buy give a white light with a faint blue tinge. Compared with my old ones the brightness of the "Xenon" ones is crap but its still good enough to easily see with full beam at night and they look a lot better.

IMO the ones i got from the group buy were about 5 times brighter than my old bulbs. they used to give off a yellowish light wereas these are white and look alot better.

I'm glad to hear the light is mainly white.

I bought PIAA bulbs some time ago, and despite them being sold as blue/white, the light was clearly blue - judge for yourselves:

plasmabulbbeam.jpg
plasmabulbview.jpg

I was obviously not going to drive with these and did get my money back in the end (at £60 the pair, I'm glad too). As I'm off work today I might see if I can get the new bulbs in today :cool:

Hally said:
IMO the ones i got from the group buy were about 5 times brighter than my old bulbs. they used to give off a yellowish light wereas these are white and look alot better.

It could be the difference between phase 1 and phase2 headlights perhaps.

Hally said:

Mine are brighter too. I fitted them one side at a time - so that I could compare.

Zetetic said:
It could be the difference between phase 1 and phase2 headlights perhaps.

There's a difference between P1 and P2 lights?

I got some of those philips ones, they are canny, the p1 headlights i think arn't as transparant as the p2. they look white rather than blue but i havn't seen them from more than 5 foot away. I am impressed with them compaired to my originals going around the unlit roads up in northumberland :eek:

No the group buy ones aren't blue - as Zetetic says, they give a white light with a faint blue tinge. I drive a P1 and mine are a lot better.

I'm not sure if they're alot brighter, but because its clear light and not yellow, you can see things a lot better.

Obviously I've not seen my own headlights coming the other way on the road :eek: But my mate's who've passed me have commented on their brightness.... so I always make sure I tilt them down if I spot a police car!

Still, they're "supposed" to be street legal. Hhhmmm...

Back
Top Bottom