yd22DDT or yd22DDTi?

Well hello to one and all.

I have tried to purchase a clutch for my 2.2 Almera and the ebay seller says I have a yd22ddt rather than the ddti engine. How do I confirm this myself? My car is an 03 plated saloon with air-con/trip computer/stereo controols on centre console. The acoustic cover looks to have the 4 bumps on top looking like common-rail, which I understand to be ddti.

Can someone tell me how to tell for sure before I order the wrong type of clutch?

Thanks heaps

@edk

Welcome along, once ed comes on he will be able to answer your question due to the fact he is the diesel guru round these parts

Thank you pel. @edk I love your ride. Looks lovely with your styling mods.
@Liam I will do but my friend has taken it to London as he needed transport for work. I messaged him asking him to email me back photos and will upload when received.

That's a DCi 112 (112bhp), YD22DDTi.

Be aware that the 112 uses a different gearbox than the DCi 136 (both YD22DDTi), and so might possibly have a different flywheel and clutch too. You'd need to check that.

Thanks @edk

One thought I've had is that I want to do the DMF at the same time as the clutch and also wanted to throw a 6speed gearbox in there along with a remap.

If all of the above jobs were to be done at the same time, couldn't I use the clutch/dmf/gearbox from a 136? Would the ECU be comfortable with being told it is a 6speed?

Edit to ask question - If the gearbox, fly and clutch were all swapped at the same time, would the car be drivable to drive to remap centre or would it need to be towed?

Not sure what issues if any you would have putting on a 6 speed with regards to the ECU. Might be fine.

If you were changing everything though have a think about converting to SMF.

I have Dude. Personally don't think it'll suit my heavy-footed driving style so I'm going to stick ith the dmf setup.

Am I right in thinking that the ECU's are the same, for both varients? I've got a USB ELM327 cable arrive so I'll have to look for some software to have a poke/prod around. Likely to be Tuesday though as my mate's borrowing the beast again for the weekend.

By my (possibly flawed) logic, If the ECU's are the same for the 112 as the 136 then they are already switchable between 5/6 trannies as they're sold in that range.. If so then it's then just a case of modifying the pulses/second so that the engine fires the right amount of times, for the gear it is it. (Please excuse my "just a case of". I meant not to imply that this isn't a very skilled operation.)

Is there any coding/programming/remapping guru registered on the site to ask, or someone here who's gone from 5 to 6 speed gearbox?

The only thing I would expect you need to consider is that the speedo plugs may be different. The gearbox should fit so long as the clutches are the same height

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You'll obviously need gear selector/cables aswell. And id be checking part numbers of driveshafts to see if theyre the same too.

Speedo is ABS driven so you only have reverse switch and idle switch to pair up.

Awesome guys, thanks loads.

I'm making a bit of a shopping list here so going to have to hit up the Banco Del Parentos for an interest free loan.

K&N filter
hybryd turbo
clutch
DMF
6speed trannie
selector/cables
reverse switch& idle switch? (If these do what they say on the tin, then they're contact/microswitches that close where the selector is in neutral/reverse? I re-use the existing and calibrate rather than needing to buy new ones?)

What is easiest way to confirm driveshaft model numbers? Is there a website that is easy for a non-mechaninc like myself? or would easiest way be to ring autofactors and give two reg numbers for different almeras and see if same component? Is there a site that I can use myself for getting part-numbers?

Thanks again for invaluable knowledge.

Ditch the K&N and go HKS drop in panel filter.

Yeah give the motor factors a DCi 136 reg.

Ditch the K&N and go HKS drop in panel filter..

OK, shall do. What are benefits? Similar cost? I am a road driver and not track.

Yeah give the motor factors a DCi 136 reg.

Is your siggy pic's plate still reg'd to yours? Can I quote yours for parts comparisons please?

random, off topic coincidence - My friend who's borrowed car has just phoned from London/ He swapped fuel filter and needed to call The AA. The fuel primer / manual pump wasn't working so she wouldn't start and the mechanic "air-tighted" the pump handle bit with bath-sealant and then easy-start to the air-intake. Cool little trick.

NA55 MXE is 136dCi.

As for filter change, my filter primer pump was knackered too, needed an inline hand pump to get it started.

As for benefits of panel filter, more airflow with minimal to zero heat absorbtion that you get with a cone. Im running a Blitz panel filter and it has increased MPG by 3-4.

112 doesnt have an Intercooler fitted. Fitting one would be a good mod, i may have a 136 intercooler set for sale next month if youre interested?

Back
Top Bottom