Yet another Almera blasts through an MOT

Well i was a tad nervous about the almera going in for MOT after the sunny failed on 13 faults lol.

Was more nervous of the emissions as it is the same cat i used on the sunny.

Fast Idle
CO 0.078
HC 40
Lambda 1.030 (on the max limit so ill be buying a new one soon)

No advisory notice, well chuffed! 9 years old and not a problem.

Well the light beams were verrry low after i sprayed the the black surrounds but the chap adjusted them for me which was nice.

:D Pretty pleased!

oh yes and now the cat is back in the annoying raspy exhaust has stopped! and ive reconnected the cold air pipe up front which has made that quieter and i like it like that lol

standard air box and filter simply with the cold pipe removed gives a nice deep induction sound, going to buy a panel filter in a couple of weeks.

hope mine goes through ok its due on the 13th, will get cat back on the car on saturday,been told to get it on about a week before is this true? or will the day before do?

mate mine was put back in 20 hours before the MOT and as you can see it didnt have a problem with the emissions, was a lot of full throttle on teh way to the test though, wanted to get it nice and hot for the test lol

niro06 said:
hope mine goes through ok its due on the 13th, will get cat back on the car on saturday,been told to get it on about a week before is this true? or will the day before do?

id do it week before. i know the CG engines in micras if you disconnected the battery for so long it clears the learn data, which would mean it would change air/fuel to suit the conditions...... or something along those lines..... possible with the SR20 perhaps?

GREAT SUCCESS
img_borat6_s2.jpg

you think mine will pass? i have no cat.... or middle section :D

my mate says it's the loudest idle he's ever heard, and i've been asked by a few people how the car is so loud... i say to em dont do it... any other car i get into i can't hear a thing... AAS sorting it out next month can't wait! hah

Back
Top Bottom