Yet another newbie thread

T

Technogeek

Hello ladies n gents
I registered a couple of days ago and have been lurking about the forums without posting.
I'm gobsmacked by some of the rides you people have :eek:
My current motor is only a 1998 1.4i premium 5door ... 41k from new fnsh.
Had to have a bit of paint done after some twat thought it would look better with deeeeep scratch marks across the hood and front bumper.
I'm looking to drop it using a set of Leda coilovers as and when the funds become available or i can hide enough cash from the other half :rasp: :lol:
Just had a new custom rear silencer fitted, But would like to fit a sweet body kit in the very near future.

The only problem i have with the car at the moment is second gear is very notchy not sure what is the cause of this?
Also after lifting off the gas there sounds like there is a very slight whine comming from the gearbox in all gears ( but I'm over obsessed with the slightest noises ) others say they can't hear it but it's there. :evil:

I hope to be able to learn a thing of two from the superb posts here on the forums.

AOC Membership check to be sent off asap

.:Tg:. :D

Welcome!!

The whine seems to happen with the GA's. Not sure on GTi but ive always had it in mine and in mates Primera 1.6 which is same engine. Nothing wrong with it! ;)

Second gear is always the worst to change into but what do you mean by notchy?

Second gear is always the worst to change into but what do you mean by notchy?

I have to take my time to get second gear, But only when going up through the gears down shifting is no problem. If i blip the throttle between first and second gear it goes in straight away.
All the other gears are sweet just that damn second is a pain in the arse that can't be rushed. :confused:

.:Tg:.

Damn :(
Is that a big job to fix ?
Or would i be better to look round for an exchange unit ?
I thought it may have been just a worn gear linkage or maybe the clutch was showing sign's of ware.

.:Tg:.

Never known a gear linkage ware out and if it was clutch all gears would be effected. The 1.4/1.6 g/box is a bit weak............ try and live with it.......some new g/box oil will help though.

Can anyone recommend a good workshop that would be able to carry out the repair to the syncro (removal repair and refit) ?

And what sort of price do you think the work should cost?
I really dont want to get ripped off by a garage charging to much for the work.

Back
Top Bottom