A 112 DCi...

This is my first post on this forum and it has taken alittle while to craft, so please go easy on me! :)

I have an 53 plate N16 2.2 DCi 112 SE which has been with me since Nov 06 and 17k miles, it has served me very well and now has 70k on the clock and is still going strong.

The car is my daily hack but also gets used to get me to France so I can snowboard for a few weeks.

The car has been rock solid and has done everything I have asked of it, but there a couple of areas that I want to upgrade, easier overtaking and the mileage when above 70 (France :) ) .

I've also been following the posts by Ed on the DCi-R which is an awesome Almeras and does inspire me to do a few things to my lesser DCi. Ed has actually shared quite allot of info already which has got me to where I am now:

In the end what I want is more performance better motor way mileage - pie in the sky here but 250ft lb from 2k to fuel cut off is my goal - the vnt turbo, intercooler and longer ratios will give me what I want!

So the details so far:

Upgrade its Breathing - Get and fit intercooler, turbo and piping from a 136 DCi
>>Have almost all the parts but a couple OEM piping turns. Need a turbo fitting kit. Need to get my new turbo upgraded into a hybrid by turbo technics.

Hurdles:
1. Controlling the GT18 VNT turbo in place of the 112 Wastegate GT15 that is running at the moment - so far as I can tell nobody else has done this swap - only real solution at this point looks like duplicating the 136 DCi turbo harness and either getting my ECU flashed with 136 firmware(which I have no idea if its possible) or getting a 136 ecu and that means a keys reprogramme...ouch
2. I will be fitting entirely 136 DCi OEM piping, the 136 fittings mate up to all the 112 that would be kept, with maybe the exception being the down pipe from the turbo exhaust which I can't really check at the moment.

New GB with longer gearing = Fit P12 DCi 6 speed gearbox
>>Dont have the gearbox yet... know the part number but I'm still checking a few details as this one was never fitted to an Almera (& I'd like to find someone who can recondition the box properly before I commit to buying and fitting).

Possible Hurdles:
1.clutch fitment (seems to use the same as other DCis so I would probably get the DCi 136 new),
2.gearbox ECU connection - I expect the signal from the GB to the ECU will be different compared my 5 speed... RS tuning to the rescue...
3.Half shaft compatibility...not sure where to go here, I pretty much hope to god I don't have to get custom ones made up...

And finally a trip to RS tuning, get a live remap so that everything talks to each other and and the extra gogo is released :)

And the aim is to get this all done within the next 5 weeks... I think I'm gonna need some help...

At this stage it will stay looking stock, will be nice little sleeper to go with my Cerbie

I will keep the thread updated as I go, hope that this is will be of use and interest to the other few 112 DCi owners out there :)

Some part number tables: (urg - how do we makes tables in this forum??)
Turbo

Part - p12 DCI - N16-136 - N16-112 - Note
turbo part number
oil connections
Loom connections

Intake parts

pipe 1 - Note
pipe 2 -
pipe 3 -
pipe 4 -
Intercooler - Note No intercooler for 112
pipe 5 -
pipe 6 -
clamps/ties

Gearbox parts

Main gearbox
!!!???
middle shaft?
shifter parts
clutch kit
oil/cooling connections

All the best mate, might need longer then 5 weeks though imo it takes 5 weeks just reaserching lol, I will be upgrading many parts on my dci 136 so if you need any bits give me a shout. Hope to get exhaust, turbo & new intercooler to kick off things in the right direction.

All the best mate, might need longer then 5 weeks though imo it takes 5 weeks just reaserching lol, I will be upgrading many parts on my dci 136 so if you need any bits give me a shout. Hope to get exhaust, turbo & new intercooler to kick off things in the right direction.

You are most likely right! Last project I had did take a couple of years but that was a full engine gearbox swap.

It you are swapping out the oem intake piping then there area few (4 maybe 4 parts) parts that I would really like! Nissan 4u is back up (at least it was down for me the last few times I looked) so I need to compare the parts I have against the schematic for the intercooler setup on the 136DCi.

Back
Top Bottom