Almera 2004 N16 Stereo Upgrade

Hi, just thought I would share my experience with upgrading the stereo on my 2004 Almera SE. I had been looking around at the options available for using the multi changer socket on the back of the Clarion CY460 CD. After a fair amount of research I went for the Grom-USB2 PLUS interface with the Bluetooth Dongle mainly because of the firmware upgrade facility.
It was very easy to install , took less than an hour, the routing of the microphone took the longest because of the removal of the pillar trim but not to much of a problem. The microphone fits nicely just protruding from the Sun Glasses holder so away from the side windows, Main unit was double sided to the top of the CD player and the bluetooth dongle double sided to the plastic just under the display screen.
Although on the Carputershop website, (Carputershop are the UK distributors of the Grom kit) says you are limited to six folders on the Almera you are not, I currently have 20 folders with 99 tracks per folder and it reads them all no problem. Steering wheel controls work fine, press up or down to change track or hold down to change folder, also it will answer or reject calls via Bluetooth. i had a few problems getting all functions to work as I wanted them but after a few calls to a chap called Richard at Computershop and a firmware upgrade it all worked well, bluetooth phone quality really good on calls. If anybody wants a bit more information please message me, I will answer any questions about the install. We may be able to negotiate a discount for Club Members,
Cheers
Peter

Back
Top Bottom