Almera Brakes

Hi folks

I bought a 55 plate Almera 3 weeks ago and have since noticed the brakes are grinding whilst braking gently. My other half has checked the pads and the shoes and they are fine - any ideas what else it could be?

I had grinding brakes on my almera, the pads and discs looked absolutely fine, in the end I changed them and it stopped grinding, didn't find out what it was...

if its under warrenty take it back, try driving the car slowly and pulling the handbrake up, if it makes a noise you know its the rears at fault, if not more than likely the front

if its the front remove them as they be cracked etc

If the discs & pads look fine (no damage with stones or deep scoring) I can only suggest that they're like mine & need a good heavy braking from 60-70 mph once or twice a week to keep them clean. It makes a difference and was actually recommended by a mechanic. He said modern discs & pads need hard use to stop them corroding in the winter. Hope that solves it ! :)

If the discs & pads look fine (no damage with stones or deep scoring) I can only suggest that they're like mine & need a good heavy braking from 60-70 mph once or twice a week to keep them clean. It makes a difference and was actually recommended by a mechanic. He said modern discs & pads need hard use to stop them corroding in the winter. Hope that solves it ! :)

Seriously???!!! I'll give that a try! Thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom