Almera CA18DET

the engines arent that great... if you get an imported PS13 or S13, most will have the SR20DET transplant

I think them engines are good if looked after (will last the lifetime of the car if re-built again). With a couple of other bits you've got yourself a cheap 200bhp motor. Loads of parts available too!

my mate recently done a CA18 - SR20 in a S13 main problem was the wiring but apart from that straight forward swap. PS13's look mint though

CA18DEs are cracking little engines, really fast engines for what they are. Drive a lot like the non-vtec honda engines, really revvy.

I raced a CA18DET Silvia at Elvington last year a few times, he beat me by tenths of seconds every time then I beat him on the last go :p

Simcard said:
whats the difference, im not an S13 nut yet.... yet!

RPS13, is the 180SX...same shape as the S13 in this country but with the SR20.

KPS13, is the one with the Sil-eighty front end, and it has a squarer back with a longer boot. Silvia K's it's also known as.

back to the OP, that is a pretty cool swap, although an SR20DET would be easier, faster and cheaper, but not as unique!

The CA18DE(T) is inferior to the SR20DE(T) in all areas.

Why the owner would want it over the SR20 is beyond me?

The engine is from a 200sx, and I assume the answer to why CA18DET and why not SR20DET is because here in Croatia SR20DET are rare, and CA18DET is relatively cheap and easy to find... :)

Best mate has an S13 (uk spec) with a few bits

Autech and S13 such a good race, I start ahead until it boosts then it's the same to 100mph then his torque in 4/5th makes his pull ahead, so damn close :D

I can't imagine why anyone would chuck an SR engine out of one of these cars and put a rubbish CA engine back in!!! My brother has a 200sx and after going through 4 bottom end's (including a couple of rebuilds) in 18 months we decided to cut his losses and sutff an SR20 straight in there! Totally easy swap and drives sooo much better now.

Ivan

there was never an 8v version of the CA18 it was always a 16V there wasnt a FWD version in turbo either only the Sunny ZX 1.8 had it and it was N/A

Back
Top Bottom