Almera exhaust

Hi
my exhasust has snapped where it joined to the back box silencer does this mean i will have to buy a complete exhaust or is it connected in more places. is this easy to replace yourself or will i have to get it done by a exhaust centre my car is a almera 1.5 saloon 53 plate has anybody had this replaced and how much did this cost.

Depends if its snapped before or after the flange, you could get away with just replacing the back box or just the mid section.

From my own experiences with old rusty exhausts, you change one section and end up replacing the lot due to leaks, & corroded / broken fittings etc.

My ex's car has gone in the exact same place, you/we will need to buy the entire middle pipe. The backbox flange can be unbolted and the broken piece from the back of the centre pipe removed, but ours looks so rusty and past it, may just as well get a new one of those too. An alternative would be to buy a universal backbox that is long enough to attach to where the middle pipe joining flange has broken off, as they will fit, normally with a reducer and two regular clamps over the end of the pipe which from your description is the end of the curved bit between the rear wheels on the axle/beam. The latter is a definate bodge, would be MOTable as long as the join is sealed, but less hassle to replace with a £35 new section.

Back
Top Bottom