Almerasleeper

Here are the photo's I took for Paul today.
th_DSCF1049-1.jpg
th_DSCF1041.jpg
th_DSCF1042.jpg
th_DSCF1043.jpg
th_DSCF1044.jpg
th_DSCF1045.jpg
th_DSCF1046.jpg
th_DSCF1047.jpg
th_DSCF1049.jpg
th_DSCF1052.jpg
th_DSCF1053.jpg
th_DSCF1054.jpg
th_DSCF1055.jpg

Clicky for the album on photobucket

Hope you like them dude :D

Totally agree Oscar - it's being lowered in the spring as well as a load of other work.

Many thanks Martin - your pics are ace ! :cool: Be careful mate, you may end up with a new job ! :lol:

why the hell are there so many members from forres, lol

surely half the population have almeras since there are atleast 3 of you on here :)

Very simple mate - we have a Nissan workshop on our doorstep & a dealer 45 mins away. Plus lots of people round here have 2 car families, so plenty of Almeras on the market ! They don't hold their value as well as Golfs or Focus either . . . . . I counted 8 'Meras in 1 day locally.

Some beauties there nice one Martin, and to Paul, looking good there, will look awesome once you lower it :)

Cheers for the kind words guys. I enjoy photography and cars so combining the two is a natural progression. Still got my car and Nistro's new one to do so will hopefully have those pictures up soon too. :)

Thanks mate - so far I've only used Dicksons for MOT's. If you've had a bad experience there, please tell us what happened ? :(

the car was in there because i couldnt get it started couple of months back now (after the rebuild), so got it up to the consult thing.

they got it started and running ok but wasent impressed with their workmanship

they had to take the gearbox off, dont know what they did but think they have damaged the speedo sensor inside the box, as it doesent work now ( iv tried everything else)

snaped bolts on my inlet manifold and charged me for fixing them

the worst thing

didnt connect the battery clamp, they had fucked the thread on the allen screw so just placed the clamp over the terminal ( only noticed this when i got home) my clamp is in 2 parts so it could have easily fallen apart :eek:

various bits of trim wasent re-attached securely again- so rattling like hell

What a useless bunch o bas*#rds. The only trouble i had with them was aboot a week after buying the 'mera off them, the gearbox buggered up (couldn't select first or reverse). They said it wasn't under warranty. They even implied it was my driving :eek:. Kicked up major shit and they fitted a new 'box. That was the last time I would ever deal with them.

Well seeing as there seems to be a common theme running here (ie. Dicksons are crap), who do you guys go to for servicing etc. ? Some are wildly overcharging & others are just incompetent :roll: There must be someone you can trust around here, or am I just being optimistic ?

My car's never ever been in a garage for mechanical work.
I only trusted a garage once, to fit a new front pipe to my SRi, and it came out with the manifold to frontpipe studs rounded off to hell :(
If I can fix it myself I will, I can't trust someone who's getting paid to get the job done as swiftly as possible. I bet most garages do bodge ups at some point. Even main dealers.
Joe

That's great if you have the knowledge, tools & time Joe.:thumb: But other than easy stuff like changing oil & filters or even brake pads, I don't have those assets to play with. So I still need to find a decent garage - if such a thing exists ! :roll:

I believe if you put your mind into anything you can do it :)
Mechanics is a piece of piss to be honest.. What comes apart goes back together and all that lark.. But Diagnosing a problem is where skills are required.

There are some decent garages out there.. Somewhere lol. I'd feel more comfortable if I knew the mechanic personally.
Joe

i usually do it myself tbh, only goes into the garage for a MOT

usually put it into a garage in buckie, they have the ramps that are flush with the floor- so handy with me being so low

Back
Top Bottom