Alright fellas

• Thread starter Thread starter daveuk
  • Start date Start date
D

daveuk

Hey, well i'm just saying hi as i've just signed up, i've got an almera '99 2.0ltr gti, all standard wiv 60,000 miles on her and live in York.

One question though; wot back box do you recommend for the almera gti? i'm wanting a nice deep sound and a good price, oh and how easy is it to fit a 57i induction kit?

Cheers, :D

Attachments

• mygti.jpg
    mygti.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 285
Hi Dave and welcome to the club.
Firstly a K+N is a piece of piss 20 minute job to fit. Just follow the instructions. However quite a few people have gone for the Pipercross filter at about the same price.
As for exhausts - Powerflow Cat back systems seem to get a pretty good rating and there are loads of people on here who have them on there Almera's. That'll give you a bit of noise depending on your choice of tailpipe.

Hey were not all guys :D where bouts in York you at? i've just got my first 'mera gti too and also live in York... well Full Sutton to be exact. I'll keep my eye out for your motor and give you a wave if i see ya :cool:

Den

welcome to the site, the car looks a minter... Asfor exhausts, ure spoilt for choice..... Theres a few ppl on here who have longlife and swear by them, scorpion are another choice, and of course uve got powerflow...... Its up to you mate, most exhausts u can semi tune yourself when u get it fitted...

k&n 57i induction kit is piss easy to fit. first thing I did and I dont really know much about engines considering. Shouldnt take long. If you havent got it yet go to Motor World for it - £54 i think! Halfords charging £118 for same thing :eek: - UNBELEIVABLE!

Welcome mate, dont go near the scorpion exhaust for the GTi unless you'd like a standard sound (except at full chat) and melted brake lines

Denise said:
Hey were not all guys :D where bouts in York you at? i've just got my first 'mera gti too and also live in York... well Full Sutton to be exact. I'll keep my eye out for your motor and give you a wave if i see ya :cool:

Den

soz, Guys and Girls then yeah i'm on a T plate in red! Actually there are a few red gti's about! lol.

Anyways see ya round

Thanks for all the advise! Hopefully there'll be a meet near my end and i'll catch up wiv u all!

Cheers :D

Just get a janspeed

If you want a good exhaust made by a good brand and wont sound like a piece of crap (scorpion, dont touch em).

Janspeed do a 3.5 round cat back system. Yours for about 270!! I recommend it to anyone who doesnt want a custom exhaust, its looks great and sounds great top end.

AlmeraGTi said:
dont go near the scorpion exhaust for the GTi unless you'd like a standard sound (except at full chat) and melted brake lines

Erm . . . . About these melting brake lines, would that be dangerous? :eek:

Seriously though, that is a very worrying comment as my GTI came to me with a Scorpion cat-back system on it ! ! ! !
I'd better get the lines checked and replaced . . . . .

Trug

id get a custom exhaust i went to exhaustsuk in sheffield though that mayb abit of a treck for you (not sure on distances lol) but well worth it

Back
Top Bottom