Aussie_Dutch & His Turbo QG!

Hello to all over there in the UK (and anyone else reading this....)

Thought I would come and say hi and show off my N16 Turbo.... I have bought this car a few months ago from a member on the PGA (Pulsar Group of Australia), not sure if he was a member here too, Rasoo?

Well, my car is armed with a QG18DE (Aussie spec). The previous owner showed his skills with a welder, and made a turbo manifold and got the car going with a turbo.... Then he got bored and made another, tuned length manifold, and strapped a T28 on there for a little more fun.... But the boost came on too late (4000rpm) and a hybrid turbo was born from a N14 GTI-R turbo and S14 Silvia Turbo, to turn the granny spec N16 into a beast.... After toying with this car for many years, he decided to part with it and now its in my posession.... And what a car I have aquired! With the new turbo, I now get boost from 2200rpm and full 12psi at 2700rpm.... Making the first two gears quite entertaining.... Power wise, last time the car was on the dyno made 211fwhp.... But there has been a few issues arise with ignition and timing, so I have recently aquired a Greddy E-Manage. Once all sensors have been purchased and this new piggyback ECU is in the car, there is a dream to see 230fwhp from her....

I will supply a list of other mods that this car has been gifted with too.... (anyone else here tried water injection?)

A link to Rob's (Rasoo) build of this car and the engine

Will post pics at a later date....

Yeah i remember reading all of Rasoo's thread. A nice project.
You seem to have quite a few good QG18 and GA16 DET projects over there in the land of Australia.

Welcome to the club.

Yeah, people are wanting to be different these days as there are quite a few big powered SR's over here.... and it is surprising how strong the GA and QG are...

Any idea on what the most power that people have gotten from the QG on here.... On stock internals, from what I have heard, there is a chance that the engine I have is the most powerful QG on stock internals....

sounds like a good bit of kit, make a thread in the members rides dude, as pointed out above rasoo's thread is a bit long winded!

welcome to the club!

HPIM1721.jpg

Few things have changed since these pics
Rasoo01.jpg

List of Mods That I can remember

1. Custom Turbo Conversion
2. Skyline brakes on the front (324mm disc's with 4-pot calipers and 5 stud conversion)
3. Upgraded rear brakes (unsure on where they have come from, but again, 5-stud conversion)
4. Water injected throttle body, activated at 7psi of boost
5. Lowered on custom King springs & 17" rims
6. SAFC II controlling the fuel & air ratio's
7. Commodore airbox with K&N filter and CAI
8. All pipework is now wrapped
9. Upgraded clutch to deal with extra power
10. Battery has been relocated to the rear to make room for new airbox...
11. Home made strut brace

Please Note: Things have changed since the pics shown where taken... One of which is over a yr old....

Might not seem like much, but she is one hell of a beast.... I know there is other mods that I have not listed, just cannot think of what...

To come: The greddy e-manage is next on the list plus a few new sensors then back to the dyno for another tune. Then it will be some body mods (new grill, black meshing all over front for sleeper look)... I am chasing down a new lip for the front as the one on there is a Rasoo spec (home made, like the rest of the car)... Then will be time to downsize the brakes to S15 rotors so I can fit a spare over them.... After that, some tunes... And then back to the engine....

And that top pic is at a show we have here called Jamboree, the show is more about drag racing but the car won its division (2000-present 4-door) in show'n'shine

Welcome to the Club
1. Custom Turbo Conversion
2. Skyline brakes on the front (324mm disc's with 4-pot calipers and 5 stud conversion)
3. Upgraded rear brakes (unsure on where they have come from, but again, 5-stud conversion)

4. Water injected throttle body, activated at 7psi of boost
5. Lowered on custom King springs & 17" rims
6. SAFC II controlling the fuel & air ratio's
7. Commodore airbox with K&N filter and CAI
8. All pipework is now wrapped
9. Upgraded clutch to deal with extra power
10. Battery has been relocated to the rear to make room for new airbox...
11. Home made strut brace
:respect: to the Skyline brake conversion

Still looks good! :thumb:

I`m pretty sure member EDK will want your front bumper for his diesel when he sees this thread. :D

Cheers for the comments... I have a few plans, but still want to do things that are a little different to everyone else.... Not sure waht else can assist me smashing some ricelines.... Maybe time for some NOS....

Well, after 18months of boost, one of the coils shat itself on the weekend, and I was almost convinced that the N16 had morphed into a WRX! All fixed now, after getting a slight anal reaming for a new coil ($185 Aussie dollars).... The things we do for our cars....

Anyone want to donate to my "Dutch needs food fund???"

Back
Top Bottom