Autech Engine Bay Clean Up

Things used:

Sainsburys dish cloth and Megs APC - to clean the caked on crap off
Megs NXT Tech LSP Wax - bring back the shine of the paint
AutoGlym Rubber & Vynil Care - pipes and rubber seals etc
AutoGlym Bumper Care - black plastic bits etc

I had to get a new filter element for the HKS filter, so I went with a nice yellow one, not sure how long it'll stay like that.

Sprayed the top bar of the strut brace, I will so the top mount parts when I have some more time.

I will be getting another rocker cover and spraying it gloss black and will have the NISSAN TWIN CAM lettering left in silver

Glad to see the Collinite 476 wax is still providing a noice gloss (check the wing)

:P

EngineBayandWing.jpg

EngineBay.jpg

HKSFilter.jpg

GlossWing.jpg

Wow that looks pretty nice!

I need to clean my engine bay too to be honest, its obviously never been cleaned by the previous owner. The problem is, there appears to be a lot of rust and cr*p. Is there any easy way around it, or am i gonna have to buy all new fittings? :(

WildChild

WildChild88 said:
Wow that looks pretty nice!

I need to clean my engine bay too to be honest, its obviously never been cleaned by the previous owner. The problem is, there appears to be a lot of rust and cr*p. Is there any easy way around it, or am i gonna have to buy all new fittings? :(

WildChild

Depends what's rusty I guess. If it's bolts and things, just get down B&Q and get some nice stainless bits. You can always take bits off and spend a few hours with a wire brush, kurust and fresh paint ;)

Theres quite a lot of fixings and the likes, i'm gonna have a go this weekend and clean up what I can, and i'll buy some new bolts from a DIY shop, i'll see how it looks then! :)

Cheers

Sweet, yeah well worth a go.

I need to take the cover off the exhaust manifold and clean that up, get another rocker cover and spray that up black, de-rust those top mount pieces of the strut brace and de-rust the battery tray and battery holder pieces and clean up the bonnet stand.

Then, and only then will I be happy :O ;)

Back
Top Bottom