Back in the club again

Hi im fairly new to this site, been on and off here since last year but just paid membership tonight. Started off with a 1.4 action. Loved the car and decided id like a higher spec one with more power and found the GTi's. Then august last year I bought one after a bit of a search. If you click the link youll see its a black phase 2. It has had 2 owners me being the third, just about to hit 80,000 miles which isnt to bad.
It had the Almerownersclub website on it when i got it. Do any of you know the chap who owned this or is the previous owner on here? as im guessing he must of been into the car to put the website on it so may still be a member any help there would be VERY much aprreciated failing that i will write to him, ill explain why.

NissanAlmeraGTi001.jpg

NissanAlmeraGTi002.jpg

NissanAlmeraGTi003.jpg

NissanAlmeraGTi004.jpg

[ ignore the other pics im not a loony, im ex army and into the military stuff aswell as cars ;) ]

The good parts: it is in excelent condition inside and out hardly a scratch to it! I would assume it has been looked after well and serviced regularly as still retains a lot of its power.

The not so good parts! I paid £1200 for it, thats good, not so good it had no service history. I had a friend come with to look it over, had no probs. However a few months into driving i noticed it pulls, sometimes horribly to the left as if someone is yanking at the wheel. I took it to quick fit to have tracking done, during which the mechanic showed me the tow bar bent in at a angle but thats it i have had 2 mechanics look on the under side and there is no visible damage its all in tact, and passed its mot no probs. The car at some point has had a smack to the front left, the front bumper is new, and explains why it is missing the Nissan and GTi badge on the grill. It tends to pull when the road is uneven. This is why i would be interested in contacting the first owner to see if he can explain what happend. Im not interest in blame game simply to just know what happend and what the damage was, then that way I can get more of a idea what it could be causing it to pull. As is stands it could be the balancing, steering rack, bearings, or wish bone from what ive been told. That aside its a lovely car even with the pulling [ which i get used to ]. I know these GTi's are a bit thin on the ground and this one really is almost mint and im willing to spend to keep it alive which is why i joined on here and to learn more on the workings of the car.
But any way sorry its long, thanks for reading it and any help would be greatly appreciated

glen

hey welcome, my gti pulls left the same, and is very jittery on uneven roads, check your brakes arent seiezing and possibly ball joints worn, i dont know whats causing mine but those are two poss factors.

*pics added for you ;)

Ive noticed mine do it occasionally but its just tramlining due to the coilovers and tyre choice

whats happened to your fog light?

*pics added for you ;)

Ive noticed mine do it occasionally but its just tramlining due to the coilovers and tyre choice

whats happened to your fog light?

Thanks a lot for the advice bohh of you, I will look into ball joints. It could well be brakes as it happens on and off. Didnt think of that one thanks.

Tyres could be poss to, replaced 2 november cheapest ones as i was a bit hard up but had a mix of 50's and 55's on fornt a back didnt calm the pulling a bit when they were sorted.

The fog light was like that when i got it i imagine the orignal must of had it in the crash, didnt notice as it had been sneakly pushed in a not noticeable. However thats a N16 almera fog light, rung nissan they quoted £150 for a new N15 so scrap that idea, tried ebay no luck so going to try breakers. It does look pants like that tho has been bugging me.
silly bits i need to sort, the resistors have gone so only blows on 4 speed and cabin lights are unearthed.
But been focusing on the steering, and changed the breaks which were worn.

Thanks for putting the pictures up to ;)

Hi nice car - always wanted black!

However ur bonnet looks slightly matt coloured, as does ur wing, might just be the photo

Try using "Mer" polish on it a few times to brighten it up.

Hi nice car - always wanted black!

However ur bonnet looks slightly matt coloured, as does ur wing, might just be the photo

Try using "Mer" polish on it a few times to brighten it up.

Its the light and a fine layer of dirt, was driving on the motorway and when the picture was taken the sun was going down so bit of both, but looks fine in the flesh see what you mean tho.

Never knew that, may not bother with the badge then fancy leaving it standard looks wise.
Have messaged the chap about fogs to.
Thanks for help again

Back
Top Bottom