Back to standard

Well after buying some standard gti alloys of stufagti (cheers mate) and investing in a new set of toyo proxes and spending all afternoon cleaning the wheels thoroughly,finally got them fitted today and am well pleased with how it looks and the ride is much improved :)

P1000533.jpg

P1000534.jpg

Look brand new!! My GTi looks exactly the same just in back, same arch gap but for some reason yours just looks alot nicer. What you use on the wheels then?

I initially used some thinners (very sparingly) to remove some overspray which was on a couple of the wheels, then used some gunk engine de-greaser and then a good wash and polish,they cleaned up very well on the inside aswell.

wahey looking good mate! how are you finding the handling now? lot better int it :D what tires you go for? 195/50's or 55's?

I went for 195/50's as they were much cheaper (£27.64) as for the handling I dont really know as I only drove home from the garage,will take it round some corners tomorrow and see how it compares:D,but difference in ride quality is really noticeable though,

must admit i went for 55s as my old enkeis had 55's on and i never saw reason to change as they were quite comfortable and grippy etc. looks like you done an excellent job of cleaning them up anyway dude!

not really. fraction of difference in speedo calibration and maybes 55's are slightly more comfortable. personally i think difference is neither here nor there...

Have to say I really liked the look your GTi had with your wheels, but if it improves handling then :thumb: :)

It does just look like any other GTi now though (which is obviously your point as per title of thread :rolleyes:)

Have to say I really liked the look your GTi had with your wheels, but if it improves handling then :thumb: :)

It does just look like any other GTi now though (which is obviously your point as per title of thread :rolleyes:)

yeah I take your point ed,it does look like any gti now but to me it looks totally different to how it used to and i like it:),the wheels will end up being painted at some point:),I really did like the look of the other wheels aswell but seem to be using the car more nowadays and wanted a better ride which I seem to get with 195 50 15's over the 205 17 40's this is the main reason for the change.

17'S STILL FOR SALE:D

A good move in the end then mate. I wouldnt like to argue looks over function. Shame you changed your avatar though, it was one of my photos! lol Which btw gave me a sense of pride :D

A good move in the end then mate. I wouldnt like to argue looks over function. Shame you changed your avatar though, it was one of my photos! lol Which btw gave me a sense of pride :D

You can do me another arty one at the xmas mids mate,then your sense of pride can be restored;)

Back
Top Bottom