Bump Strips and Door Handles Help Please!!

good evening!

ive been out and bought some goodies to paint up my mirror covers, bump strips and door handles :) . and i was wondering if theres a guide to explain how to get the handles off?

also the side strips, do i have to get at them from the inside? or do they just 'pull' off??

was goin to do this all today but its been p1ssing it dwn all day :(

hopefullly will be nicer tomorow!

cheers guys

bump stipes not sure.
handles will have to remove door card then should be a couple of bolts and a connecting rod.

can tell u exactly cause i got a n15 not a 16

ok thanks matey! if its not peein it down tomorrow i might get my arse in gear an start sorting some stuff out!

Door Handles: remove interior trim, plastic sealing sheet, stiffening panel. Remove lock operating rods + two screws. Done.
Mirrors: Covers should just pop off.
Bump Strips: According to Hayes they are glued on with adhesive tape (need to heat and use fishing line to remove).
According to Nissan service manual there are clips all along the bump strips as well as the tape.

thanks dude!
Dint realise i ws gna have to put tht much effort into it! Was wat glue am i goin to need to re-apply the side strips then?
Cheers

well, ive taken the the strips off the front and back bumper, they came off really easily! all primerd up waiting for a lick of paint!

the side strips are held on with sticky backed foam tape and locating pins, im thinkin grip fill max to hold them back on!! :lol:

i forgot to to take before pics tho....

will post up the painted pics later or tomorrow, depends on how quick this paint dries!!

cheers

AAAAHHHHRRRGGGGG!!!!!!! the primer i used is kack! the paint is barely sticking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get body trim tape (double-sided and very sticky) or number plate tape from Halfords, and grey primer for use on plastic in handy spray tins.

cheers matey! i bought plastic primer says on the tin 'Makes paint stick to any type of hard plastic' BOLLOCKS! is wat is should say lol

yeah i did matey! but ive still not done the side strips! the four corners are white, but i cant be arsed to get high on fumes again! lol

Good stuff :) lol I know, I stunk the house out for a week just doing my mudgaurds... and that was in the garage with the inside door closed and garage door open!

How'd you go about it? Different paint?

i aint even got a garage! have been using the spare room!!

nah i just rubbed the paint down, and hey presto, it covered alrite after two more coats!!

im quite please with how they turned out, im usually shite at spray painting!

Back
Top Bottom