Cold start to the morning...

Bloody cold this morning, but not as bad as yesterday! Minus 7 up here until lunchtime; then it warmed up to minus 4 for the rest of the day!! Only just below freezing now.......

LoL my car was like that this mornin too...i was there for ages tryna take the ice off my windows...lol

Yikes.

Only zero degrees here this morning but my car does not like it. Still turns over first time but takes twice as long to do so (any hints on improving cold-start ignition, better battery?).

Quick spray with Halfords de-icer (the stuff in the trigger bottle) works wonders on the frosty windows. Life's too short for scrapers. Once saw a workmate pour water from a kettle onto his windscreen to clear the ice at -5.. At least the replacement windscreen didn't have any ice on it.

Best/cheapest way to get ice off your windows is to use COLD water and the wipers :)

afraid i have to disagree, ive got some really cheap stuff (76p) last ages takes it straight off!

also i hears warm vinegary water! and if you rub a potatoe over the night before ,as starch doesnt freeze that easy!

apparently to stop the door sticking to the door rubbers in the freezing cold, rub some furniture polish over the rubbers, acts like a lubed barrier lol

Back
Top Bottom