Colour coding door stips N16

Have been very tempted, but as I'm not an expert with a spray can, I just restored the trims to their former blackness instead!

ive done the bumper strips, but not the side strips. Altho they are quite easy to get off the car for spraying.

They are held on with double sided sticky foam and have locating pins aswell. Just pull away from one end and gently pull away from car. I used a stanley knife to cut the sticky foam rather than risk bending the strip (its fucking sticky stuff)!

Then rub them down, few coats of plastic primer, rub them down with 800 wet and dry, then 3 coats of colour, rub down with 800/1200 wet and dry. And i finished with two coats of laquer.

Job done :)

bare in mind if its a metalic colour not advised to do the sanding before laqeur it takes the metal flakes out stry to spray evenly then laqeur then wet sand and then used something like t cut it brings it up smooth and shiny

other option u can do aside from taking them off is mask the side of car with tape and news paper right up to strip should be able to slide it just under strip then spray

Back
Top Bottom