crx gone,ax road legal!

crx now sold,as it was crap. if you can remember back far enough i posted up pics of an ax gti i bought.well shes finally road legal. i regret selling the almera, but this is without a doubt the most fun ive had on 4 wheels.bought some 106 rallye steels for her saturday.now just waiting for the cambelt/headgasket or something else to go,so i can stick in the 106gti engine ive got tucked away :evil: .opinions please!
ax19-05-07.jpg

Our cashier at work has just picked up a green one of these for his 1st car. 450 quid and its almost as straight as yours. Fookin rapid too. His is lowered with a Green cotton arifilter and Powerflex bushes. No power steeing but handles like a go kart! His is the 1.4spi engine on the K Reg (Xsi engine etc). I too can recommend these to anyone as they are bags of fun!

Really nice example that, much rarer than the GT version.
My last car was a 1.4spi AX, and being as light as a crisp packet felt really
agile.
Cant help thinking that these cars have been overlooked what with all the nostalgia for the 205gti.
B.T.W, AXOC is excellent for technical stuff like 16v conversions.

Beast of a K10 behind! ;)

But back to topic, I bet that AX cains! They weigh less than a testicle! :cool:

Just looked at your other thread as I didn't even know you had a CRX (take it you don't have the Mk1 Golf either? :(), what was so bad about it, it looked like a really well looked after car?

I think chris has AHDH, the amount of cars he's had since i've known him

as much as i dislike citroens though, that is a nice example! go team

crx just didnt feel right for me. ax is an absolute hot to drive.i have no idea how much petrol i hev in the tank as the gauge is sooo out,the temp gauge is intermittant,the left indicator doesnt work with the lights on,and the rear wiper works when it feels like it.but i cant help but love it....

Not sure on the white wheels? Dont you just love french electrics?...sounds like you just need some new stalks.

rowdy-GTi said:
Not sure on the white wheels? Dont you just love french electrics?...sounds like you just need some new stalks.
It doesn't just apply to old Citroens though, my uncles just got rid of his Citroen C5 estate because of all the grief it gave him. The onboard display was telling him his car had all these problems:

"Tyre(s) Punctured"
"1 Tyre Pressure Sensor(s) Missing"
"Antipollution Fault"

And the engine would cut out when he put his foot down, and also the radiator fan wouldn't turn off and just kept flattening the battery.

I don't think he learned cos he's just gone out and got a Peugeot 307 SW!

i dont mind the problems,the car is awesome fun.with new discs/mintex pads/braided hoses, exhaust and polybushes,should be immense fun.im not being too 'sympathetic' with the engine as i have the 16v for it.but it seems to love being drievn hard! unfortunately im getting alot of stick from the concourse peeps on the owners club for putting a 16v in it.

sussex_gti said:
unfortunately im getting alot of stick from the concourse peeps on the owners club for putting a 16v in it.

(Scuttles over to AXOC...)

Theres bound to be strong feelings when your talking about modding a rare model. :rolleyes:
I.M.H.O, the Gti is the most sensible base for 16v, as it came with 4.stud.
Keep the exterior standard, and add those extra valves fella!

It's like the lads who cvh turbo the mk2 xr2 Fiesta's.....It just has to be done.

And like DET Almera's will soon be (hopefully)

exactly.someone suggested tuning the existing engine.which would cost a fortune,when i can just bang in the 16v,and have 130bhp in a 750kg car.

sussex_gti said:
crx just didnt feel right for me. ax is an absolute hot to drive.i have no idea how much petrol i hev in the tank as the gauge is sooo out,the temp gauge is intermittant,the left indicator doesnt work with the lights on,and the rear wiper works when it feels like it.but i cant help but love it....

mate of mine has a cammed VTS, it breaks every other week, but we cant help but love it...

AX looks spot on dude, always liked um ;)

Back
Top Bottom