cutting lowering springs?

any comments from anyone about this?

had considered it, as 35mm isnt low enough for me, and cant really afford coilovers at the minute.

any feedback welcome.

Bounce, and dangerous due to risk of coming out of the seat. Really, dont do it, just WAIT until you CAN afford coilovers if you want to go lower :).

Oh and another reason is we'll all shun you if you do it! Chav mod generally (yes I know some have done it on here so lighten up before you argue and dont bother :lol: :rolleyes:).

When i bought my first gti the springs had been cut!

It totally wrecks the shock within 100 miles, the bounce you get is unbelievable until you feel it yourself, could cause an accident!

Also when i took them off the shock they were no seated correctly at all!! Which means there might as well have been no spring and just the shock!

Dont do it, ive had first hand experiance with it!

i had a micra with no springs cause me being stupid i took them out, cost me more in the end as i had to replace the front downpipe, the springs and all the shocks. id just wait tbh

look, if your considering a cheap option, get the spring rates changed of your current springs.

its not ideal, but a good quality suspension shop should be able to get this organised. it is alot better than cutting your shocks.

i'm not sure exactly what the process entails, but i think it involves heating the spring, and compressing the spring in a machine. alot safer than cutting springs.

I went for the tein s-tech springs that are supposed to lower the front by over 60mm. Even with adjustable shocks they were a nightmare for daily driving, the shocks were hitting the bumpstops every time I went over a crack in the road. With chopped springs it would be even worse.

Back
Top Bottom