EvilJonnys GTi

Well I've been on this board a while now and finally got round to starting to mod my 'mera, so below are a could of current pics.

How I bought it (01/10/05)
car.jpg

Deglobed and changed side repeaters and needs a clean :) (04/02/06)
deglobed.jpg

its amazing how much differance you can make for 20 minutes of time and about £15 lol
looks good mate

Yeah, I actuually already have the new grille that I bought from henry krinkle. I tried to take my grill off but it wouldnt come and I only had 5 minutes left of my lunch break :)

Gonna have another try this week.

Well i've finally got round to fitting my new grill and dials. Gotta say im loving it now with the deglobed indicators and new grill :) The pic of the dials does NOT do justice to them, will take a pic of the dials in the daylight tommorrow.

new_grill.jpg

dials.jpg

Looks great.Amazing how clear indicators and deglobing makes these cars look all the better.That grill looks nice as well.You plan on meshing it or anything?I want one :cool:

not that i have a preference for red phase 1's.... :D

nice work tho, any idea about rims?

Manifold and rear wiper

Well I finally got round to fitting my SSAC manifold and downpipe. Was a complete nightmare, every single step of the process fought with us. The nuts that connect the downpipe and the cat had to be removed with an angle grinder which took ages since the grinder kept loosing power. One of the bolts that connect the down pipe to the manifold was near impossible to get off as well.

The studs nissan sold me to reconnect the cat to the downpipe were the wrong size (the threads were different) so we used some hard steel nuts and bolts instead.

When putting the manifold back on one of the nuts wouldnt fit, the second pipe from the left was too close to the point where the stud comes through, so close in fact the nut was too big, we used an angle grinder to remove the large surround from the bottom of the nut (you can see in the second picture below).

Took 7 hours in total (the sun was a killer, probably would have been a fair bit quicker if the weather wasnt killing us).

All in all though it was well worth it, theres a definate increase in torque and the power curve feels much smoother. Also ever since I got the car I could swear there was a small hole somewhere in my exhaust system and the hortrible put put sound seems to have gone now. The sound of the car is more throaty, not much loader but a nicer sound in general. All in all i'm a very happy chappy.

Manifold
ssac_manifold.jpg

Problem nut
ssac_problem_bolt.jpg

Oh and I also did the rear wiper mod over the weekend, much better i'm sure you will agree :) While I was at it I took the wiper arm off sanded it smooth again and sprayed it with some lovely hammerite smooth black, so it looks great instead of a complete mess :)
rear_wiper.jpg

Oh and to h8jj i'm gonna keep the standard rims, I aim to take it out on the track at some point, and besides I quite like the standard rims :)

eviljonny said:
Oh and to h8jj i'm gonna keep the standard rims, I aim to take it out on the track at some point, and besides I quite like the standard rims :)

i'm starting to think that way too

thinking about having the standard ones powder coated white and flogging mine?

Heh, that would be wicked :)

I am considering powder coating mine as well, just around the corner from where I work is a powder coaters, anyone know how expensive this is?

Induction kit fitted

Got a piperX Induction kit today, fitted it in little over an hour (although one annoying thing is the kit doesnt show which way is the right way round for the main bracket, only found out after I tried to attach the filter to it and it wouldnt fit :)).

Not really sure if theres much performance difference as I havent had a real chance to nail it yet but the sound, omg, a sweet sweet roar, it still sounds about the same at idle but once I hit 3.5k revs it turns into a monster :) Obviously the difference between manifold+downpipe only and manifold+downpipe with induction kit is massive. I seriously couldnt be happier. I think I might try recording the sound, I would love to just listen to it whenever I feel like :)

So that leads me to what next :) I cant afford a full custom exhaust or port+polish yet and when I get paid again I need oil, rear pads (gonna do brake hoses/5.1 fluid and paint the calipers while im messing with the brakes) and a new front tyre so it will be a couple of months but i'm not really sure what next.

I was thinking I might save a bit and get either a flywheel or the pulleys. Anyone got any suggestions what might be a good next step (sub £250 (not including mechanic costs) is the reality at the moment unfortunately). Only really interested in performance mods btw, as mentioned previously I am aiming for some track time.

Will get a pic in a bit of the kit :)

i would be going for some jwt s3rs if i was you. im pretty sure you should get some second hand in your price range and aslong as they have had no damage due to blocked spray bars etc (thats if RR sr20s have the spraybars, dont think they do but not 100%) then i dont think there are normally any problems with 2nd hand ones. i think most people would normally do the exhaust before the cams but if you cant get the exhaust done just yet then it wont matter

Yeah cams, dunno why I didnt think of that, thats definately on the list of maybes :)

Pics hurah

Close up of the piperX
piperx_only.jpg

Engine bay (can see piperX and the manifold)
engine_bay_piperx_ssac.jpg

Since it didnt get a photo before the rear wiper mod (not all that interesting but I like it non-the-less)
wiper_mod.jpg

Back
Top Bottom