Foilist's GTi

• Thread starter Thread starter foilist
  • Start date Start date
F

foilist

Been on here for ages now and have just realised I have never posted a pic of my car, so here we are.

48g9bix.jpg

I bought it after it had had a mild front end bump, hence the incorrect bumper.

Corbs said:
Lovely colour! Any plans to bring it back up to spec?

I actually prefer the phase one bumper, so I will be sticking with that, I have been looking for a set of fogs for ages, but I was thinking of adapting a set of small round projector type lights to go in their place. I have the correct headlight too,but have not gotten round to swapping it yet.

Thats cool, I like phase 1 bumpers as well, although I would put a gti splitter on it :) Were the indicators smashed in the incident as well?

Corbs said:
Were the indicators smashed in the incident as well?

I assume so, when I got it the car had been rebuilt with whatever parts they could get, had the wrong grill, bumper, headlight and indicators, the bumper support bar was missing and the bumper on it was zip tied on. So far I have replaced the front panel, bumper support and bumper.

The front panel was not bent, but it had been drilled into and the resulting holes not protected by any rust proofing.

Ridiculously the car had only done 55K which was bourne out by the service history.

Back
Top Bottom