Front bumper bumped now missing screws

Some A-hole backed into me and now the bumper does not lie as perfect with the lights as normal. See below. On opening the bonnet, some screws are now missing. How easy is it to replace the screws, and is there anything else I should check?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1-1.JPG
    1-1.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 59
Take headlights out. Push in bumper. Tec screw it in place where the light will cover the screw.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

exactly the same plastic bracket that is broken on mine but mines just drivers side, ordered one from nissan part number N62222BN700 E01F01 bracket front £13.52 each and are handed.

Screws? You mean these clips? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIM-CLIP...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460dc4b509

Your front valance has probably gotten bent too. Try pulling it back (it's the metal part that the bumper rests on, it reaches from side to side between the head lights. You need to remove to bumper to get to it).
Thanks guys.

I took it to a mechanic and he has confirmed that the valance is bent. He said he may be able to bend it back or it will have to be replaced as a whole. :(

Thanks for the links.

When he gets the front bumper off you will be able to see if any clips have broken off, picked my bumper bracket up today and they look quite brittle and id imagine any force on the front of the bumper will push the sides out snapping the lugs off, prob how mine got broke.
IMG_20130712_175337_654.jpg

Hi,

Ironically some idiot bumped into the back of my car a few weeks ago (they did a runner :( ), and I am now missing screws/bolts when viewed from the bottom of the bumper (I'm pretty sure they are screws/bolts, as the plastic clips mentioned seem to only be used through the top of the bumper once the boot lid is raised. It looks like two screws/bolts in the centre of the bumper? (I couldn't see any screw/bolt holes on the bumper underside of each side).

Anyone know where I can get these screws/bolts from? (yes I know Nissan, but wondered anywhere else - hoping they might just be generic screws/bolts)

What's the official Nissan part number?

On a 2001 N16 Almera Sport 5 door hatchback.

Thanks

:)

Any update on this? Was driving and hit a passing pigeon... Now my bumper looks like sadaf's! :(
You must have hit it pretty hard because a mechanic opened the bonnet, removed all the screws, and pulled the valance by hand back into shape. Once the new screws were put in (bought using the ebay link above) the bumper looks fine. Not perfect, but you'd never know something happened unless someone told you.

Stupid thing was in the road and flew up, probably about 50mph, on a dual carriageway. I'll take it to the garage then! Thanks for the update!

Back
Top Bottom