Front Chassis Panel Excessively Corroded

Hi guys,

I currently have a N15 but am looking at a N16 2002 model. Only done 63k but there is an advisory on the MOT certificate which says Front Chassis Panel excessively corroded. I have some questions if anyone can help (and I am new so be gentle!):

1. Is this repairable?
2. How much would it cost for parts and a garage to do whatever is needed?
3. Big job or not?

This will help me decide whether to buy it or not. I did have a look under the front and noticed this myself and it is badly corroded. I obviously dont want to buy the car if it's gonna go on me soon

Cheers

Reggers

Common fault on these. Not a particularly big job to do. New panels are available from pattern companies. I'd just get it replaced and then underseal/stone chip it to prevent any further corrosion and save a bit on paint costs. Where abouts are you? There may be a recommended body shop in your area.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am based in St Helens. The car has only done 61k with fsh. culdn't see any other rust underneath.....

Common fault on these. Not a particularly big job to do. New panels are available from pattern companies. I'd just get it replaced and then underseal/stone chip it to prevent any further corrosion and save a bit on paint costs. Where abouts are you? There may be a recommended body shop in your area.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am based in St Helens. The car has only done 61k with fsh. culdn't see any other rust underneath.....

Back
Top Bottom