Got Bored so Ph2 Dials and show plates smoked out

Darren198712

Just chillin'
Well I got bored and had loads of spare tint film and did this. I have a spare set of ph2 N16 dials so I smoked it out

SmokeOutShowPlate.jpg

SmokedOutN16Ph2ClocksPlastic.jpg

im going to find out which wire is illumination and then connect it straight to ignition :-)
SmokedOutN16Ph2Clocks.jpg

(the plastic is not clipped in yet just leaving it to dry and then replacing it in my car. not going to use these clocks as the mileage needs resetting.

Won't you need to replace all the bulbs with brighter LEDs to make it worthwhile?

Standard backlight is pretty dim....

I just put it up against the clocks and placed it in a fairly dull area and I can see it I think I can get away with it.

Darren

I just had a thought involving mega dark tint film and bright LEDs - meaning the dials are only visible when the lights are on and are completely black when off - I wonder if that'd be feasible :-P

as I said in my first post I will connect the illumination wire to ignition so once the ignition is on the lights are on only on the clocks

also had a look at the clocks. only need to change 3 bulbs for all the lights in the clocks (back light) one for each clock left and right and one for the LCD display. I will wait for now if its ok I will leave it and if its not bright enough I will then consider. I don't want to change them because the Climate control screen light is orange brown and the climate control buttons. The ones in the screen can be changes same light as the bulbs behind the clocks. but the buttons are completely different they are actually leds so I don't fancy desoldering and resoldering 20-30 leds off a board.

if I have to change the lights behind the clocks I will get the same led's for the screen and disconnect the buttons so there is no lights.

well just fitted them and they look awesome. I don't think I will need extra lights its not that dark at all (different camera). here is a picture of it

SmokedOutN16Ph2Clocks2.jpg

Since you've had your steering wheel off - do you have steering wheel audio controls?

I'm wondering how hard they'd be to retrofit - how are they connected?

Points to here... ;)

Guess it's more noticeable on a plate.

well I wanted www.almeraownersclub.com but its too long as its only a 7 or 9" plate. so www.NAOC.co.uk. I got www.almeraownersclub.com on my normal plates tho.

Since you've had your steering wheel off - do you have steering wheel audio controls?

I'm wondering how hard they'd be to retrofit - how are they connected?

well I changed my steering wheel so it does not matter but I heard its quite hard to get the N16 steering controls to work with the radio's and I work in the car audio shop and we always have problems with original stalk control adapters and etc. etc.

I got a neck strap and I got a remote control on that instead.

I only tinted the number plate as its too noticeable. I might rip the tint off not sure yet I will see when I get the carbon dashboard in its going to be screwed down to the dashboard so might not be too noticeable one about 3" away from the window. but now its stuck right up against the window.

well I changed my steering wheel so it does not matter but I heard its quite hard to get the N16 steering controls to work with the radio's and I work in the car audio shop and we always have problems with original stalk control adapters and etc. etc.

I got a neck strap and I got a remote control on that instead.

Fair enough, I'm buying a Pioneer head unit tomorrow that should be compatible with steering wheel controls with a relevant adaptor but I think it'd be too much of a ball ache to retrofit them. :(

Just ordered a set of show plates myself - not got the club URL on them though cause I'm a cheap bastard :D

show plates as in road legal ones or not?

my plates are technically not legal because of the slogan. but I been stopped a few times and they said nothing about it but to be honest I am trying to stay legal as much as I can. I mean the number plate letting and etc is all legal its only the slogan. I was planning to have a carbon style text and a slogan which is still legal. i am more then sure as Halfords sell the plates in carbon style text and they said to me it was fully road legal. I only paied 10 or 15 quid for a pair of plates that are road legal and had a slogan so its not bad I personally think

Darren

Nah they're not road legal they just say "KILTOX" on them :lol:. In a road legal font on a proper plate because it's the cheapest I could find (£10.50 for a pair)

Going to blu-tack them to my real plates when taking photos and stuff.

My road legal plates were £27 :eek:

my plates are only small for the dashboard and it cost me £5. I got some show plates myself it only says Darren12 on them. I am not sure how to stick them onto the car yet but I will find a way lol

Back
Top Bottom