Grill mod

It's nothing big, fancy or expensive but I wanted rid of those chrome strips in the grill. So . . . . . . . . .

DSC00382.jpg

can't you sand them down and spray them black ? I was think about doing this to my car but there are chrome door handels on my car otherwise they would of been the same colour as my car or black

I think spraying them black would make them stand out just as much tbh mate. Not quite sure yet what to do, but the thinking cap is on ! :lol:

You're talking about the little nibs sticking out of the bumper still Darren? I think they would show up more in any other colour but body. Smooth them out when you get the chance Paul, and it'll look nice and neat :) Trouble is you might have to get a bumper respray depending on how much it might annoy you to have a finish mismatch :/

Definitely not going for a respray Ed, it's more hassle & money than it's worth for those little bits. But I will do something with them. They should be gone by next w/end ;)

No offence intended what so ever, but in my opinion that looks absolutely shocking..
You can clearly tell that there's meant to be something there, and something looks missing..
Only way it'd look any better would be if you put some new plastic meshing behind so that it didn't have those two lines where the slats used to be.. And smooth out the 'lumps' on the bumper itself..
If I were you I'd spray the slats that you removed black or something.
Its like taking the badge off the front and leaving the two holes in the bonnet.. Yeah you've removed the badge.. But something always looks missing.
Hope you understand lol
Joe

Yes, I know what you mean. It only looks odd from close up, it's fine from a distance. But as I said before, it's not staying that way and I will definitely get rid of the 'unfinished look'.

Yeah I bet you can't see the little bits from a distance.
I think if it was smoothed and re meshed (not with that silver shitty 'tuning' stuff lol!) it would 100 times better than standard.
Joe

Looks alright dude, but I think I'd have gone with spraying the silver bits black or body colored as per the photoshop you did for me. As long as you're happy mate. I do like the wee badges tho, whered you gettum?

I colour-coded my slats and it looked much better imo. matt black would also work well.

Looks alright dude, but I think I'd have gone with spraying the silver bits black or body colored as per the photoshop you did for me. As long as you're happy mate. I do like the wee badges tho, whered you gettum?

Ebay, lol - where else ? :lol: I tried painting part of it today & it doesn't look any better, so change of tack required. I really don't want those slats back on, but if need be I'll paint them body coloured. :)

Back
Top Bottom