Headlight loose

• Thread starter Thread starter Ladybird12345
  • Start date Start date
L

Ladybird12345

Just been told by the mot tester that my front driver side head lamp is loose and needs to be tightened is this a difficult job any help or ideas

Afternoon,

Does he mean the whole light unit or just the internal light fitting? If its the later there is a black knob on the back of the light unit, turn this clockwise and it should lock in the internal bits back into place.

If its the whole unit it could be the plastic clip on the bottom isnt seated properly or has broken/fallen out.

Afternoon to you too Its the whole lamp it moves up and down he said it was a common fault on almeras

It is probably the little plastic clip/tab on the bottom.

There is a small rectangular bit of plastic that sits in the metalwork under the light unit, the light unit clips into that and it has probably broken which is causing the issue.

Best way to check would be to remove the light unit. Im guessing by the model in your profile details the car has black headlights with the indicator built in? If so its simple to remove. Undo the 2 10mm bolts on the top, unplug the wiring and then pull the light towards the front of the car to release. If the clip is broken/missing the light will come out easily, if not then it'll need a bit of a tug. But then if it needs a tug I dont imagine that the problem lies underneath.

It is probably the little plastic clip/tab on the bottom.

There is a small rectangular bit of plastic that sits in the metalwork under the light unit, the light unit clips into that and it has probably broken which is causing the issue.

Best way to check would be to remove the light unit. Im guessing by the model in your profile details the car has black headlights with the indicator built in? If so its simple to remove. Undo the 2 10mm bolts on the top, unplug the wiring and then pull the light towards the front of the car to release. If the clip is broken/missing the light will come out easily, if not then it'll need a bit of a tug. But then if it needs a tug I dont imagine that the problem lies underneath.

Back
Top Bottom