Help?

• Thread starter Thread starter dropkit
  • Start date Start date
D

dropkit

Well I cleaned my pulsar up fully, and I was just curious today n I felt like giving it a good rev today since i havent done it since i picked the car up from the dock. I reved to 7k then it stopped :S? im like wtf, but then my frend says that It wouldnt do that wen im been driving. Im dying to try it, but the car isnt licensed or insured so :(. Also I got my engine cleaned this mornin :) they did a fantasic job, but it seems like they got a little water near the plugs, n It sputters jus slightly in the 1k ->3k rpm range, what should i do :o? I got pics now too :) Ill post em. Oh yeh, my car is 4inches off the ground so wen the car was comin off the dock the port authority cracked my front bumper. They are paying for it tho, gnna get it fixed as soon as possible.

the DC5 integra has a rev limit when its not being driven which is lower than normal, it could be that, if not then i can only think of it not having the VZR ecu as the rev limit for a GTi is just under 7000 from memory, i think the VZR would actually start and run on a GTi ecu aswell, pretty sure when you put a VE in a GTi it runs but without VVL on the standard ecu so it should work the other way round.

someone else will probably be able to give you a better answer, im not 100% about anything above but its the first thing that came into my head and it would fit

When I briefly had a civic 1.8 vti, it wouldnt hit VTEC if you revved it in neutral, this could be something similar, maybe the lower range cam lobes can only handle upto 7000RPM

Well I gots a VZR n i checked my ecu its 4H which is the vzr one, my redline starts at 8000 n goes to 9k

must be the same thing as the hondas have then, wait until its on the road and try it then, until then i wouldnt worry about it, aslong as it sounds healthy and has the right ecu it cant be much if anything wrong with it

yeh thats what imma do, but what should i do about the sputtering? I thinks the plugs, I jus took a vid of it jus now with my fhone imma post it on youtube sry bout the bad qualtiy, the engine shakes jus slightly, it jus started wen i got the engine washed :(.

its likely to be water between the HT leads and plugs i think, remove a HT lead and see if theres any water down the whole, if there is you could do with trying to get it out but its going to be awkward, im not sure what removing the plug and letting water run into the cylinder would do, i doubt it would be anywere near enough to aqua lock it but it could cause some damage, someone more knowledgeable will be able to help you though.

if i was you i would leave it running for a while to let the water evaporate off, once the engines hot it shouldnt take too long

I made 2 more vids that are much better quality n their much brighter b/c I used my moms accord's headlights :D ill [post the links of them wen im done uploadin em

pop the HT leads out and have a look down the hole, if theres water there, suck it out with a straw, dont remove the spark plugs though and let the water go inside = its bad

Yea it won't rev out in neutral or with the clutch in,leave the car idiling with the bonnet closed to dry the engine bay out,don't keep reving it if its spluttering!

Back
Top Bottom