Irish QG18DE N16

New to the site just thought I'd post a few pics of my '01 Twin Cam, she may not be as quick as a VZR but she still puts a smile on my face! (I hope I don't fail again like I did in the sticky thread but here goes).

She's the 1.8, no performance mods just yet only a pipercross replacement panel filter which actually sounds alright.

On the exterior I've replaced the two front indicators with a set of clear ones (old in first pic new in nightime pic), the side indicators are frosted and the origional tail lights have been swapped out for a set of black aftermarket ones. I've got 17" OZ Superleggera's with Dunlop SP 9000 tyres. The windows have been tinted and I've replaced the headlight bulbs with Phillips Power to Night Bulbs (Dipped Beam) & Osram Silverstar Bulbs (Full beam) which were a massive improvement (although the power to nights were supposed to have a blue tint and they just don't). I've electric blue parking bulbs in the front and ice white/blue ones over the license plates at the back (it's the little things that can help you stand out!) The fourth picture is just one after a couple of hours of hard graft removing all of the tar!

Internally I've very little done; I've had an Autopage alarm system fitted, a Sony Head unit with 1gb flashdrive and I replaced the old gearknob, which was falling apart, with a SS Sparco one (very cold on a winter morning!)

I'm a student so I've very little cash but future mods, I hope, will include; new headlights (not the phase 2 ones something a bit different), custom body kit (something subtle), front fogs (similar to the p2) and if I'm really flush a flowed head with an exhaust manifold and cat back exhaust system.

2647155_7_full.jpg

2647155_76_full.jpg

2647155_10_full.jpg

2647155_63_full.jpg

2647155_20_full.jpg

2647155_90_full.jpg

2647155_86_full.jpg

The car can be seen at either my modifiedmotors.ie page, only Almera on MM, or my cardomain page, best Almera on whole site! :D

http://www.modifiedmotors.ie/component/option,com_garages/task,carView/Carid,74/Itemid,74/

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2647155

Cheers edk, I finally figured it out, I'm a tool!!

Just some more recent pictures (taken over the last week just had to get them off my phone!)

2647155_128_full.jpg
2647155_129_full.jpg

2647155_130_full.jpg
2647155_125_full.jpg

Irish numberplates look so much nicer than UK ones :(

Nice N16 mate, decent exhaust would really tidy up the back end.

Cheers Darren; yeah 17's with 205/45 dunlops on it. The OZ alloys way a tonne though but they really set the car apart from the rest so I'm more than happy with them. I've had mixed reaction to the rear lights but since I've fitted them they've really grown on me..

Lucino; Thanks man, yeah I've considered removing the badges but I'll see what the body kit looks like with them on first...

Thanks Schnakey, yeah I've been looking at a full exhaust system for a while now but there's nothing on the market specifically for the N16 (not that I've come across anyway). I always wondered how similar the system is in the likes of a Sentra or VZR?

I think the N16 Phase 2 lights are better I was thinking of getthing the black ones but I stuck with the original lights.

you can get de-cat exhaust system from the USA. including manifold and downpipe for less then £150 I think it was.

If it works I'll be delighted, I had my eye on a HKS system I spotted on an American site. I thought each exhaust system is vehicle specific- designed only for a particular engine/vehicle configuration? The factory mounting points and hanger locations would be different on the Sentra to the N16 3dr hatch would they not?

I've only just joined so haven't yet had the chance to become a proper member yet. I'll pay the fee and look through the private forum threads next week maybe, hopefully that shed a bit of light on the subject for me...

Best bet is to get an exhaust made, if you're after a manifold they are about but will get rid of the cat and turn your ECU light on (speaking from experience)

Haha, yeah the QG is pretty poor for power. Have played around with the idea of a transplant for a very long time but it'd just be too much for me to afford. Mine is at 60mph in about ten seconds, if I could get that down to 7 or 8 I'd be happy....

not sure mate but there is a way as my mate that owns a Celica gen7 has had a 2.5" decat system front to back and the lambda kept setting the light off some guy from celica owners club managed to bypass it for him with a circuit board that he made its basicly a lambda emulator

Lambda sensor emulator
http://www.galileoar.com/2005/00_ingles/conversion_kits/electronic.htm

/\ the unit is for LGP conversions as some LGP conversions might set the engine light off with the lambda sensor. this will bypass the lambda sensor so this thing should work not sure on the price. I will ask my mate too see what he used.

That would sort it, still got the problem of emissions for the MOT. And the nasty rasp a decatted car makes!

Fitted a 200 cell wolfrace cat to mine earlier today, much better :)

Firstly welcome to the site bud! Nice to see more N16's coming in - there's a shed load of stuff available for the N16 if you look hard enough ;) the 1.8i's a good model and underrated in my opinion and with the fundamentals covered (intake, exhaust etc) and if you really splash out on the handling front then the N16 should shine!

Any questions about any mods etc can be asked :thumbs:

Fitted a 200 cell wolfrace cat to mine earlier today, much better :)

One has a pm

just looking at your car Eire_N16. I think you could get the Motordrome N16 splitter fitted on the front and back with some slight mods.

Back
Top Bottom