Is this a record?

lol, have had the car - and been a member - for two months and only just getting round to posting pics. Anyway, it's nowt special in comparison to 95% of the motors on here, but as far as I'm concerned, it's the nuts...

As the sharper-eyed among you may be able to tell, there's some replacement panels - were there when I got it (driver's door, wing, bonnet and front bumper) so I'd be interested in hearing from anybody who recognises it (it had a previous reg plate of GAZ****). Also some slightly dodgy filling/respray along bottom of driver's door and rear wing.
Rust-wise, the arches are great - the only bubbling is on one arch, and has been treated by someone else - not sure how well, of course.

So anyway, my mates have talked me out of spending a fortune on body kit, coilovers, alloys etc - I have a Triumph Spitfire that I need to get on the road which will have to take priority. Only mods I've made are Quickdraw's tints - enforced due to some cnut nicking me stereo/sat nav.

But I've made a list of cheap/quick mods that I'll have to do when I get the time:
Deglobe
Clear side repeaters
Wiper mod
Add black strip down driver's door (where can I get this?)
Paint rocker cover / callipers
Get o/s quarterlight tinted (apparently the existing one won't remove in one piece if seal is to come out in one piece to use on my spare window)

Poss after the Spit is up and running:
Ph 2 rear lights, front bumper, instrument cluster and grille
Induction kit

And then when I win the lottery, the lowering and body kit stuff. It does need skirts, like...

Anyone think of owt else? And would you say it's clean?:D

Attachments

• fr-near.jpg
    fr-near.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 39
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 18
  • intclose.jpg
    intclose.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 15
  • offside.jpg
    offside.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 35
  • rear-nr.jpg
    rear-nr.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 45
  • arch.jpg
    arch.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 16
  • engine .jpg
    engine .jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 29
needs poverty spec rear bumper changing but thats about it bodywork wise, im liking the non kit look at the mo, check out Jclarks thread for good clean basic aesthetics....

As shaggy says colour-code that rear bump strip. The non kit look is good with mud guards all round. Almost gives it a really feel :D Looking good though, and get those caps off Corbs!

Cheers fellas, I was starting to feel a bit sorry for myself there. Yeah, I forgot to mention the missing wheel centre (Corbs - PM'd) so that's a real cheap/quick upgrade. Bumper strip too - hadn't thought of that, and will be a lot cheaper than a new one.

Any ideas on where I can get the black stuff for the driver's door?

them tints looks sweet

good little motor, but then it was never ment tobe any thing "spectacular" if i remember correctly.

think i have some of the centre caps aswell if corbs fails :P

keep up the smiling :)

No-one likes my car... :(

dont be daft, you just gotta remember your one in hundreds of people on the forum with an almera. hell, i update every week but it doesnt make me any more of a better person than you lol

choose your mods wisely, theres a lot of crap around :D

Haha, cheers Tommo... And yeah Wayne you're right - I never initially planned to do much to it, but then I read Andy S's thread and was filled with enthusiasm. But no, I've decided I'm definitely not gonna go OTT - for the time being, anyway. How's your Mad Micra btw?

Back
Top Bottom