James' N16 SXE DCi

James

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose I'll start this thread again now seeing as it vanished in the Server Crash of 2012™
Edit: And now resurrected it after the second Server Crash of 2012™. See Page 2 for more updates.

I have indeed returned, tail between my legs to Almera ownership. Well, you couldn't keep me away for that long. Although this time it's a diesel!

Picked it up for a pretty decent price, although it does have more doors than I usually like I'm really starting to enjoy it. It's done 71k and has service history up to August last year so it's been relatively well looked after!

I'll let the pics talk because I can't really think of much more to say!

Attachments

• J9yY3.jpg
    J9yY3.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 36
  • s1SVy.jpg
    s1SVy.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 39
  • ydcHi.jpg
    ydcHi.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 39
  • SAM_0268.JPG
    SAM_0268.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 35
And an update straightaway....

This is what happens when the previous owner doesn't do a recall on their 2003 model Almera's headlights...
left.jpg

right.jpg

So I bought a pair of DEPO lights from eBay seeing as Nissan informed me I can no longer claim on the recall.

Before:
before.jpg

After (just the right one done)
after.jpg

It's made a MASSIVE difference. Before it was genuinely like driving around with sidelights on, I had to use the front fogs which made me look like a massive chav!

depo.jpg

Then I took a couple of pics of the car in the dark, just because...

topview.jpg

rear.jpg

Plans next are to somehow attack the ICE situation, I want to find out if the stereo outputs line-level audio or if i'll have to just route the speakers into the high level inputs on my amp!

More to come!

Nice looking for a P2 :p

Look forward to seeing more of it :)

Did you fit the levelling motors to the new lights and were they a direct fit?

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

Did you fit the levelling motors to the new lights and were they a direct fit?

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD
Straight swap :) just twist it off the Nissan lights and replace the manual screw thing on the DEPO ones, although the right one doesnt seem to be working quite right, so I'll need to investigate when I'm less tired!

Welcome to the dci fold James looking sweet, you would have killed for the 31k silver dci I mentioned in an earlier thread. I don't remember your thread before the 2012 crash..?

I don't get how the same design p2 lights (depo) give better light..? Were you not tempted for the twin projectors James they do look rather nice.

Welcome to the dci fold James looking sweet, you would have killed for the 31k silver dci I mentioned in an earlier thread. I don't remember your thread before the 2012 crash..?

I don't get how the same design p2 lights (depo) give better light..? Were you not tempted for the twin projectors James they do look rather nice.
They only give more light because the other ones melted into the pits of hell! :D

I didn't see any with twin projectors when I had a quick look on the bay, I paid around £95 for the pair of those if that makes any difference lol

Oh yeah, just for completeness in case newcomers don't know, my first Almera was this:

914607182_5d8b6314f4_z.jpg

A humble 1.4 Equation, but it stole my heart for being indestructible and the most reliable car I've ever owned.

If you head to Depo's own website James they have loads of types.

and if you haven't guessed it by now, you can find the info in the forum resources link in my sig!

If you head to Depo's own website James they have loads of types.

and if you haven't guessed it by now, you can find the info in the forum resources link in my sig!
Ah. I didn't know you'd re-done that thread, whoops!

I remember looking at their website the other day, but none of the designs really took my fancy. Plus they're uber expensive!

nice my lights are really dim aswell dealer says mines aint a recall but couldnt get it anyway.
looking nice tho
how much lights set you back

Think Nissan were abit mean to not do the recall, some diveys would never even know about a recall. I was just going to say what Ed mentioned above, & them twin lights are like £350+delivery.

Ouch, very pricey for the option lights!!

Yeah James, luckily I saved the posts to txt file when I made them.... weird, it's like I knew! but I knew it would be too useful to not backup. Hopefully, and before they all die out and members leave, someone will do something similar for the N15.

But anyway, so what's your long term plans for the car? :)
Well at the moment I'm just happy I'm getting over 40mpg to work! But hopefully plans are getting some ICE in there, as I'm a sucker for all that, and hopefully a remap (which will probably go hand-in-hand with a hybrid turbo).

Handling mods will probably end up coming too, and it needs better tyres, so I'm considering 205/50/16 T1-Rs because they're cheaper than 195/55 and wider!

Oh, and I kept the Sport+ wheels from the black Primera

à la:
aoc_france-00013.jpg

So I'm not sure whether to put the tyres back on them, or keep the SXE wheels!

144 Sport+ wheels are nicer than the P2 N16 alloys!

my grey car :( It's funny I remember swapping those wheels over at the side of the port like it was yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom