Jme_GTi's Tropical Green GTi

Yo,

Finally got myself another GTi after about 8 months out of the game!

Never really been keen on Trop green, not even sure if I am now.. It's not the tidiest of GTi's but it's not too bad, drives really well but shows evidence of previous rust repair on the arches. As I'm sure you will spot from the pictures that it is missing GTi headlights ( I didn't notice this until I got there after a 240 miles trip! :() But I can't see any signs of previous damage and she is all HPI clear!

Only modifications so far are a set of BC Coilovers, only had chance to fit the fronts! Hopefully the rears will be done tonight!

Not sure I'm massively happy with it, had my heart set on a minter in blue or silver, but It will do me until I find the perfect one!

I only have phone pictures at the moment, so please excuse...

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

This is my works carpark with two of my colleagues! They are such copycats!

DSC00022.jpg

look nice mate, and you're now back in a proper car too! ;)

know what you mean i've never been 100% sold on trop green, but the more i see, the more i like. :D just needs the right few cosmetics, ie coilovers, good start mate!

look nice mate, and you're now back in a proper car too! ;)

know what you mean i've never been 100% sold on trop green, but the more i see, the more i like. :D just needs the right few cosmetics, ie coilovers, good start mate!

Yeah, coilovers, Front GTi lights and maybe a grill change and it should look good.

Yes Corbs, it sure is, it was a good car that one, not a bit of rust on it anywhere, it's so clean! It's now owned by AntG1985 on here.

Cars looking good, my workmate saw the pic on my screen and called it "bathtub green" lol. What mileage/price if don't mind me asking? How you finding the coilovers so far then?

Cars looking good, my workmate saw the pic on my screen and called it "bathtub green" lol. What mileage/price if don't mind me asking? How you finding the coilovers so far then?

Ha ha, bathtub green is nicer I think.! It's got some miles on it, I have just passed 118k, although feels no different to the 70-80k mile examples I'm used to. The engine sounds fine and has FSH. It cost £900 so not too bad a deal.

Not really driven with the coilovers yet, waiting until I get the rears done, but so far they feel a lot more refined then the Daiyama's and K sports I've had in the past. Seems to be pulling to the right a fair bit and my steering wheel isn't straight now! :O

Back
Top Bottom