Karlk1103's GTi

Hi Peeps,

Been on here for a while but doubt anyone has seen my car! So here's a few pics:
julypics030.jpg

One month after I bought her (June 2006)! Was total standard with FSH and 83000 on clock.
DSC02575.jpg

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02571.jpg

With Stainless Steel Performance Cat Back also put on Apexi Dry filter
DSC02573.jpg

Wonders of Halfords Shampoo, Chamois leather and Halfords everyday spray wax!
julypics121.jpg

Out with the old In with the New! My old Montego Turbo - stupidly fast for cheap money. modded to 191bhp very quick but at a price of reliability!

Hope you like - I'm going the power route trying to get as much out not bothered bout looks. Currently have performance Cat back, USA decat in post then next on list wil be one of those tubular manifold jobbies!

Cheers

Karl

PS I'm not going to deglobe it before anyone asks!!

Thanks peeps,

The only mod i may do to alter looks might be lowering it but this is low on priorities! I've read the GTi's suspension is very good as it is standard.

The monty had to go as wasn't reliable as a daily driver. My mum had the almera esteem so I knew what to look for when picking up the GTi.

Hope i can be of help as much as you lot are!

PS - No engine pics at mo as don't clean there very much but as requested by dub almera see below - and Harry I wish i had a lambo! - That pic was one of me driving one of those driving experiences.

apexi_inductionkit1.jpg

Update!!

Hey guys,
Well few things have developed in last couple of months.
I am now paid up member - the information on the forum is invaluable!

Also I bought and fitted one of those stainless steel headers from US- It was one of the cheapest one i found so wasn't expecting the world.First appearances item is solid with good welds so no reason why it should fail any time soon. Bottom line I'm happy and now have more gases flowing.

Spent Friday morning fitting the decat and header. Didn't have much trouble apart from fiddly downpipe bolts. I took the cat and downpipe off as one so only had to undo two cat bolts. One was angle grinded and the other unscrew. I also used a universal exhaust bracket with hooks welded on it in place of cat hanger. No pics at Mo, but I now have a full system! powerflow catback, resonator and header from US.

When i turned the key it didn't sound much different unitl i gave it a blip! God this is so loud! I'm sure i'l get used to it though. First impressions since yesterday:
1. Its bloody loud
2. I can now feel the engine breathing more easily as it seems to reach 6k more easier now.
3. loads of pop backs.
4. People hear me before they see me - always looking

I will try and get some pics of underneath car and maybe little sound clip to see how it compares to others.

Anyway, i'm now thinking what to do next.?
Cheers for now

Back
Top Bottom