Leak

Sam

Staff member
Anyone else able to swim in the sparewheel well :(

Think its coming in around the boot seal for some reason, shouldnt be though I had the seal out scrubbed all the shite off it Rubber cared it up and made sure it went back in very snug,

Anyone got any prevention ideas?

Already got me swimshorts in the car. :roll:

Naa happening before then,

p1000053jm3.jpg

I have sealed up the rubber gromets though, could this be anything to do with it?

Yep, i used to get this.

Is your tailgate behind the rear number plate going rusty? Water can seep through the two screw fixing holes, especially if your plate is stuck on with adhesive pads.

It could just be the grommets though.

Also, strangely, there is a hole in the boot of my car. Not a hole made by rust though. I found it when i stripped the rear seats and carpet out.
There was just have like a peice of tape over it, which i ripped off when i spotted some minor rust near it.

o * - kind of there, if 'o' is the wheel well and '*' is the small hole.

I can see the road through my boot. :lol:

I had this a while ago- not checked again recently but I had some seals replaced and it seemed to do the job.

You've reminded me to check!

Which seals?

Im gonna get the number plate surround out n have a look there, other than that i have no idea where it could be getting in.

I also have the piece of tape covering a hole in the floor of the boot, wonder what it was meant for?

Well annoying cause the car is always steamed up now :mad:

and my passenger rear light is steammed up most of the time now
think some one could of had it off and not put the sticky stuff back on si its leaking cos when i left the carpet there is lil like pebels of water on the passenger side but not wet on the carpet ?

TheSam said:
Im sure alot of people could say that .......
I did when I first brough the car but nothing there now. I sound deadening the back myself and I never seen a spec of water since that

deano said:
and my passenger rear light is steammed up most of the time now
think some one could of had it off and not put the sticky stuff back on si its leaking cos when i left the carpet there is lil like pebels of water on the passenger side but not wet on the carpet ?
my head lights steam up but my rear lights rarly steam up. according to Westway Nissan in Birmingham they are meant to steam up on the front

My boot is the same for some reason alwasy filling up with water. I think its the boot seal.

After washing my car i open my boot and where the hinges are along the top the ledge is always full with water, i think it drips down i will have to investigate it soon as its starting to do my head in.

I usually take the gromet at the bottom of the wheel well out and let the water drain out. Then waxoil it. And heat the rubber up in microwave for few seconds so its not a bitch to put back in.

I remember when this used to happen with my micra, the spare wheel was literally floating in water after a few days of rain. haha. I can't remember how I sorted it though :|

How about sticking some heavy duty duct tape over the boot seal(s)? I think I tried this. Again not sure if this was the problem or not, but worth a try?

i washed it today and lifted the passenger side of the carpet and it was running down there a lil from like the lightwas above it ? how do i remove the rear lights on the n16 might need to tiger seal it on or summing ?

Back
Top Bottom