Lowering springs fitted.

LOWERED:

277429924_33a07487cf_o.jpg

:cool:

Wheels aren't very clean so just the one pic for now! :P

VERY happy with the handling. An unseen dip in the road nearly made me crap my pants though...

Could be better?
:eek:

You mean like be a GTi? :P :D

Well i fitted Eibach PRO springs- 30mm drop. Done exactly what I wanted, plus the handling is now pretty damn amazing!

prizma said:
it CAN go lower!

It can go faster too ;)

Thats as low as you can go with springs without f*king up the ride.

Nice one and a good choice of springs. Are those Rota alloys?

rowdy-GTi said:
Thats as low as you can go with springs without f*king up the ride.

Nice one and a good choice of springs. Are those Rota alloys?

Agree with Rowdy!

I used Eibach Pro Springs and fresh OE P2 GTi shocks and the drop is pretty much identical to isK's - Good ride with reasonable suspension travel left. Any lower on springs then you'll be riding the bumpstops all the time!

Here's how low the rear is on the Eibachs :D

Attachments

• low.jpg
    low.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 162
I've got 40mm on mine, low enough for daily driving, especially with the p2 kit.

Rather have power than lowness.

isK said:
WOW, the back of yours is much lower than mine!

Maybe mine will settle... :D

Sorry mate, you'll have to take a closer look at the pic ;)

This was a pic I took a couple of years back before the car was lowered - took a trip to B&Q for 1/3 tonne of gravel - only option was to put it in the car - The car was ridiculously low to the ground that the bottom of the tailpipe would catch on the smallest of bumps. Luckilly it was only a 1 minute drive!

Today with the Eibachs it sits similarly to isK's which is fine by me!

Mines dropped 40mm on springs and looks just as low as yours lol.

Might be worth me changing my lowering springs though and my shocks for new!

Looking good mate, I never got why almera's on springs still sit higher at the front, i thought the weight of the engine would make the front lower if anything!

K33 ELV said:
Looking good mate, I never got why almera's on springs still sit higher at the front, i thought the weight of the engine would make the front lower if anything!

It`s just a poor wheel arch design mate. Nothing to do with how high the car sits.

It should sit lower after a few weeks, my Pi's made the arse sit in the air when i changed the rears but 2 weeks later and its now a hell of a lot lower than -40mm.

I've had the Eibach's on for about a month now, and they have settled slightly lower, but there's still a noticeable gap at the front - Still, a good improvement over standard, shame it took me 3 years of ownership to finally get it lowered! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom