MaD's Mera

• Thread starter Thread starter madjocky
  • Start date Start date
M

madjocky

Like to say hello to everyone and I finally got some pics of my mera.

99mera.jpg

enginebay.jpg

I know it will never go fast, but it gets me A to B. Im I right in saying the nuts ive circle in my pic are the ones that dont fit the GTI strut brace and ive to mod the brace.
Soon as I get some money, Il be signing up to become a full member and get some goodies for the mera

Cheers MaD

Do not waste your money mate spend your money on some audio and then mod your car when u get a better car. don't get me wrong its not a bad car but it will not be fast so why do mods for handeling. I guess i am just waiting to collect my NCB and then i will get a better car :)

Speed is not everything to me, been there & done it. (Use to race at Knockhill), I guess ive grown out of it. Just that I like a car to handle & stop the best it can.

I guess so its a nice car to drive i had one of them befor 1.4 with ABS (all round Disks)
it stoped pretty good and handeling is not that bad :) i like the colour and i hope you like it :)

Dont do any audio, a head unit is as far as anyone should go all that speakers and subs crap is a huge waste of money why spend hundreds just so the music is a bit clearer when u turn it up so loud you cant hear the great sound of your s/s exhaust system.

Mick_87 said:
Thats one damn clean engine bay :)

Mick

yeah thats is a very good point

was the car garaged by any chance

almera si said:
Dont do any audio, a head unit is as far as anyone should go all that speakers and subs crap is a huge waste of money why spend hundreds just so the music is a bit clearer when u turn it up so loud you cant hear the great sound of your s/s exhaust system.
yeah but do not forget you do not need to declaire it on insurance unlike performance mods

Darren198712 said:

yeah but do not forget you do not need to declaire it on insurance unlike performance mods

Na the car sits outside, dont have a garage. I scrub the car clean most weekends. On the i.c.e side, I need my boot. Got two small kids.
On the mods side with the insurance, I know about. Used to have Reno 5 Gt turbo with 250bhp

Darren198712 said:

Sorry to disagree here with you but I'm afraid that depends on your insurance company. I bought a new head unit and speakers for my car. I'd rung up to ask but if I could do this and they said ok.

HOWEVER, I then said I'd got 6x9's on the back parcel shelf and that actually meant my insurance was void. I asked how much it was to insure them, £600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took them out...

Company: Fortis.

Jonathan

non standard parcel shelf speakers will affect insurance because it's like leaving a heavy object on the back seat permanently. in a crash it could fly forwards possibly causing damage at least that's what I'm told

Jonathan said:
Sorry to disagree here with you but I'm afraid that depends on your insurance company. I bought a new head unit and speakers for my car. I'd rung up to ask but if I could do this and they said ok.

HOWEVER, I then said I'd got 6x9's on the back parcel shelf and that actually meant my insurance was void. I asked how much it was to insure them, £600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took them out...

Company: Fortis.

Jonathan
I am not too sure about this.

but when I had my first accident (some one hit me and i skidded into some one else. they paied out. I had some 6x9s and other speakers on the shelf (standard)

madjocky said:
I know it will never go fast, but it gets me A to B. Im I right in saying the nuts ive circle in my pic are the ones that dont fit the GTI strut brace and ive to mod the brace.

Nice car mate...at least the wings don't have dents in :D - I'd like to know about the GTI strut too. I thought the shocks where mounted same in all N15's, therefore a GTi strut would fit?

Nope, the non-gti mera's have different strut tops to the gti models. The gti strut tops have a longer bolt on the inner-side {the ones ive circled} . To get a gti strut brace to fit a non-gti is very easy all you do is get a hacksaw and cut the inner bolt mount off the strut brace. So what you have left is a mount that sits on top of the existing nut. The brace is held on by the 2 outer nuts on each side.

Back
Top Bottom