My 1998 1.6 slx

My 1998 1.6 slx (update)

Hi all, its nothing specal
thanks to everyone so far who has helped me.. you know who u are :)
comments and suggestions most welcome

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

any suggestions on how i get the muck of the wheels, ive tried loads of products but to no avail
DSC00325.jpg

ABCD0013.jpg

fitted my jdm 2slat from shiney_blue( great bloke)
DSC00344.jpg

and cleaned up my wheels with wonder wheels and a brush, it worked a treat, although now there are some slight scratches to the vinyl.
DSC00338.jpg

next on the list is a ss manifold and downpipe

nice car mate, used to have the same in black, they look deadly with lowerin and a set of 17"'s

yeah I'v got a black 5door P2 with those wheels. the spoiler will make so much difference, as will GTi bumpers if you can get em.

wonder wheels is good as a one off wheel cleaner, got a fair bit of baked on brake dust of the p10 wheels easy enough, takes time but its not much effort really. what is the dirt? they look almost corroded to me, clay bars work but i think that may be too much for one, good for little bits but i dont think they would do much on that.

looking good, a non bodykit p1 or p2 front bumper would look nice imo, one off an Si or SRi and then get the black strip on the back colour coded , i quite like the black on the side although i would probably remove the rub strips if it was mine, they do help with dents though

i think tht it might be corosion + brake dust baked on, in unsure how they got like that tho ( wont complain a they only cost a few quid). i will try wonder wheels i tried a turtle wax wheel cleaner and it didnt touch it:( they need a refurb tbf, but haven't got the moolah for it.

anyone braking an sri??? i really do wnt some skirts and now i think bumper :)

try and get some Neilsen Alu- Cleaner, its better than wonderwheels and any other alloy cleaner on the market. but for fod sake wear gloves

Get some nitromors, strip the lacquer back with a small brush then a quick scrub with some wire wool and get some of this

menxtgemepo.jpg

Just got to remember to give the wheels a wee clean quite often.

Or is that too extreme? :D

p.s. it worked on TVR wheels. :D

harryd1986 said:
cheeky sod, i got em like that

dont think he meant to be cheeky mate, think he meant it might be too much work as polishing up 4/5 wheels wouldnt be a quick job and might be OTT in some peoples opinion

sprint said:
dont think he meant to be cheeky mate, think he meant it might be too much work as polishing up 4/5 wheels wouldnt be a quick job and might be OTT in some peoples opinion

Exactly. Expect to spend at least 2 hours / wheel if you do it properly.

The results are spectacular though.

i bought some wind deflectors of ebay, they chuffin sent me tino deflectors and then said i would have to pay fo redelivery. soughted them out and now i havent heard anythin for 3 days :P

Back
Top Bottom