My 205 Mi16 conversion

Not an uncommon swap, plenty of people have done it, but to me this is a big deal. Very unfamiliar with a lot of what I'll be doing, and I'm not looking forward to the wiring but in general I am looking forward to the challenge.

First steps started today in getting the box off the Mi16 engine and making a start replacing parts that won't like having been sat for 8-9 months. firstly the waterpump, tensioners and cam belt are going, fan belt too and the alternator could do with being reconned too. all manifold gaskets will be changed, and the exhaust manifold has a wedge plate between it and the head so that it doesn't foul the bulkhead and it will need some creative sealing. undecided about stripping and rebuilding the head. it would be worth it in the long run, but I can't really be arsed this time. if I do I'll get a skinny head gasket in there and maybe a slight skim, just to up the compression a touch, as well as regrnding the valve seats, new stem sealt, reshimmed etc. . I'd like to get a lighter flywheel on it before it goes in the car too. The sump gasket is gonna be changed too, just to make sure.

Pics as they happen. this is all I've taken so far.

Attachments

• DSC00526.JPG
    DSC00526.JPG
    513.4 KB · Views: 74
hopefully. I was at anglesey circuit on saturday. looks fantastic there now! can't wait to get the 205 round there.

Good stuff, if you need any advice or tips just gimme a shout ;)

You will not regret it, it is probably THE best money for smile ratio upgrade for the 205 :D

Back
Top Bottom