My 4dr sri ....

• Thread starter Thread starter 4drsri
  • Start date Start date

4drsri

Thought it was about time i put up some pics of my beastie .....not done much to it yet , apart from the usual de-globing ...and removing most of the rear badges ...

Any ideas on advice on improvements would be welcome ....but i need the four doors ...so no welding of handles etc....lol

Attachments

• almera 2.jpg
    almera 2.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 155
  • almera 4.jpg
    almera 4.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 106
  • almera 5.jpg
    almera 5.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 87
Alloys are in the shed .....halfway through painting them ....

I agree about the grill too ...so if anyone has one , in red , give us a shout ...

Clear side repeaters on the way too ..

Attachments

• wheels 1.jpg
    wheels 1.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 74
  • wheels 2.jpg
    wheels 2.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 64
PS. it`s a 5 door.[/QUOTE]

i know .....but you dont get in and out of the boot do you ....lol

colour coded mirrors make a suprisingly big difference aswell, make the car look cleaner without having big black mirrors there. phase 2 rear lights should improve the back and if you wanted then phase 2 front lights are clearer but i suppose that could be seen as a waste of money from the gains you get. other than that the GTI alloys like rowdy suggested and lowering and it would be looking very nice. alloys and colour coded mirrors transformed mine and as standard mine looked similar to yours except for obviously the colour and yours is a 5 door

Thats most of the things i've already thought of , but its nice to get some other opinions from experienced almera owners ...lol
I couldn't belive how much de-globing changed it , and after reading all the stories on it , i went for the oven method ....it worked like a dream , so i'll definantly get the mirrors done cause they look much better colour coded like yours ....
Did you do yours yourself ....?? The colour code is on the drivers side door pillar isn't it ???

if you look under the bonnet at the vin plate the code is on the bottom of that, its behind the filter box on the bulkhead. think its usually 2 letters and a number, from memory the red is aj4 but im not certain

i got lucky with my mirrors and found someone on here breaking one in the same colour as mine, the design of the mirrors are different as its like a coloured insert on the colour coded ones but on the black ones it hasnt got the insert. no reason why you cant paint them though, would get some advice about paints first though because i think with plastics you might need a different paint.

i have deglobed mine since my picture was taken, definately cleans up the car more which is the look im going for and its done the same for yours.

hows it going mate, cars looking well...
do the rear wiper mod if you get a chance, piss of piece and will take you 10 mins, very easy and sets off the back of the car really well!!

Is it just a matter of taking the linkage off the motor , and moving it ?...i can't read the guide , for some reason it wont let me

Oh yeah you have to pay the year's membership fee to be able to read the guides.

so was i right ...you just take the linkage off ...and move it round ???

Have to subtle so the missus doesn't notice me spending the money ....lol....she thought i had grown out of modifying cars by now ... :lol:

ok then ...next mod will be to weld the boot shut ...would that be better ????

LOL......mine rattles a bit too .....bit of a bugger to get the shopping in though .... :)

Back
Top Bottom