Hello
This is my 97 Almera Si
It has so far:
17" wolfrace wheels
Remus Exhaust
Front Grill(want to change)
Clear Side Indicators
And A really good sound system lol.

Hopfuly ill be tinting the windows soon, just not sure bout legality etc.

Id quite like some side skirts too, if anyone is selling any.
Also the front Drivers side pannel needs respaying,as its faded.

Change the rims and lower it and it would be sorted. Aslo i dont think the correct colour name is candy red, sorry mate. Keep your eye out in for sale thread for skirts as they com up now and again. Lastly, welcome, you'll find everything and anything you want about the mera but try and do a search before you post a thread, you'll easily find your answers there. oh yeah and become a member, the advise given will save you plenty of dollar!

Hi, looks good. I like the front grille, I reckon you should lower the car next..
every little helps... :O

Im not sure i want to lower it, i know it would look better, but does it effect the car as in? get 5 people in and it scrapes, cant go over big bumps etc?
my old car was a lowerd 306 and it was more hassle than it was worth.

whats your oppions?

But i do know it looks like it needs doing,

also, odd question, how Thick is the centre pole of your suspention. on my car is a couple of inches thick, is this standard or has the previous owners changed it. just seems very thick for standard.

cheers

It should be fine i think. Did it scrub at the front or the back? The 306 and most peugoet hatches have a torsion bar at the back so i imagine it was probably very low. You shouldnt have the same issue with the Almera as it uses Mcpherson Struts (normal suspension) so it wont lower it as much if you just use lowering springs (35mm/40mm). Im using Apex springs and i have no problems with speed humps at normal speeds. I have no back seats so i cant comment about carrying passengers..
Not sure about the shocker's shaft thickness though...

It was in the back, so your propably right. Ill look into it then.. what kinda costs would it incur?

Approx £100 ish for a set of lowering springs.
Fitting cost can vary though so im not too sure, i had a quote for £150 from a garage before which seemed a bit steep, however with some basic tools you could DIY if you wanted to save money (like me). I'd be interested to see how much people payed for fitting...
Anyway, You'd need a set of spanners, a decent trolley jack, axle stands and and some spring compressors if you fancy DIY.
cheers

cool, theres a set on ebay for £75 but its 25mm, will you notice the difference?

oh right didn't know that lol prob been in a crash or somthing, coz the side pannel is a differnt colour. oh well drives fine, n was very cheap when i brought it. So far i have only put the alloys n the grill on my self.

Oh yes I see, you can see the colour doesnt match on the front wings and rear bumper, might be best to give the chassis and boot floor a check over?

checked it all, all seems a ok, which i found odd.
the old owner just reconed the lacer just came off. which i very much dought, but it drives fine, and everything has been checked over. cluch a bit stiff thou lol
i can get 125MPH outta it also, no more as it limits to 5 revs on 5th gear. but dont wanna go any faster than that! lol.

125mph in an Si? mine got to 110 after about 2-3 minutes, seemed to take forever to get up to that speed and it didnt seem like it wanted to get any higher so i just gave up, wasnt expecting anything really though so wasnt dissapointed.

definately get it lowered, mines on Pi springs, quite stiff but nothing like people say they are (alot of people say there very very stiff etc), i find them a decent comprimise, stiff enough for you to know whats going on with the road which i like but there not uncomfortable by any means, lowered it nicely aswell although its not on the floor like some people like them, gets over speed bumps fine even with 5 people so thats what matters to me.

I've had 110 out of mine on a flat, private road. I got the feeling it was still pulling, just but that it didn't have a great deal more to give. this was when it was standard, so wth teh manifold and intake it might give a bit more (manifold has deffo given more low down pull).

I dont think you'll get much more out of them, GTi's struggle to do 140mph

haha, i got very very nearly(within a milimeter) 130mph this morning 06:00 on the A30 at 6250rpm. took a good old while tho.

Back
Top Bottom