My Almera after a full detail!

• Thread starter Thread starter Donut
  • Start date Start date
D

Donut

One of my friends is into the mega clean car thing and hes just baught a new foam gun to add to his collection of clay bars and the rest.

so i offered him some money yesterday and he spent the best part of 6 hours on the car!

This was the state of the car when I took it to him.
Before

This was how it came back!
After

rowdy-GTi said:
looking good, what`s a foam gun?
basically you attach it to your hose pipe and it has a container full of cleaning foam that is re-fillable and it sprays a layer of foam on the car.

here are the pictures my mate took of it step by step lol.

Tumbleweed001.jpg

Tumbleweed004.jpg

Tumbleweed002.jpg

Tumbleweed003.jpg

Tumbleweed005.jpg

Tumbleweed007.jpg

Tumbleweed011.jpg

Tumbleweed017.jpg

Tumbleweed016.jpg

Tumbleweed029.jpg

ive missed a few pictures out but you get the general idea of it, the guy waxed AND polished it aswell!

looks nice, very wet. what products did he use? get some collinite of ebay, got some on mine and its meant to actually last a few months not like most which say they do and last a few weeks, £18 i think

what foam gun has he got? was looking at the gilmour one that everyone raves about on detailing sites but there £50, not paying that for one when its probably cost a few quid to make

sprint said:
looks nice, very wet. what products did he use? get some collinite of ebay, got some on mine and its meant to actually last a few months not like most which say they do and last a few weeks, £18 i think

what foam gun has he got? was looking at the gilmour one that everyone raves about on detailing sites but there £50, not paying that for one when its probably cost a few quid to make
he uses mostly Autoglym stuff and his foam gun cost about £30.

Thanks for the comments guys! :)

Pretty nice colour when it's clean! agree about the spoiler and perhaps P2 colour coded mirrors.

Any idea how much claybars are btw?

about £15 kelv, i use the meguiars one but different people say different things about them, some love them some say others are better but it gets all the rubbish off and iv never had a problem with them. just make sure you keep it warm, better using it in the summer really, my paint on the n15 was like sand paper before i used it was completely smooth afterwards, also used it on the alloys to remove baked on brake dust and it did that well aswell.

Back
Top Bottom