My Almera GTi blog

This is my Nissan Almera GTi Blog

You all know what they are so i don't need to explain

here she is:

300qykk.jpg

i picked the car up from London a few weeks back, and since have been paying it all up. now i can start to play about with it slightly more, however with another almera GTi also coming onto the scene for one hundred pounds i have found myself with two...

2yuzwqd.jpg

This meaning double the work load...first off to the second one, i bought this car for... 100 quid... with a ding in the front, and a "rattle in the bottom end" it was, and is more now a steal. My self and a friend checked this all out once we got it back home, only to find piper cams in it, and the rattle wasn't the bottom end, but the casing where the crank shaft spilt...50 quid part! just a bit of labour... anyway so i decided i don't really want another almera GTi and it's not in fantastic condition so lets take the engine out. (To be done within next month)

Moving on this car also has a full stainless steel powerflow exhaust system and a 4 2 1 manifold....to be fitted this week. this needs some good old elbow greese and stainless steel polish!!!

2zh4j7b.jpg

2wqa8hw.jpg

So, looking round the car, i have also got some LUKE Harnisses, a fuel pressure switch to boost it to 46 psi an induction kit, obviously the whole car, couple of speakers and Pi lowering springs to drop it to 40 mm, some JAP headlight covers... and alot of rubbish.

this is all going to take time though, however in the process of this my splitter was cracked and often flapped about...until.. going along the motor way it came clean off and went under a merc. so i thought, i'll get another phase one GTi splitter can't be so hard... it was, so decided to create one, using a laguna splitter until i run into one... this is the outcome.

so thats it, so far thats whats been happening... any comments welcome.

2gw7txc.jpg

The black one looks fab..only the headlight covers tinted don't look so good :P
As I see you painted the splitter...well I have it also and everytime I park I scratch it :D so if it's painted not a smart idea ..it's rubberish so the paint will go off eventualy.

Anyway nice ride... :thumbs:

BTW I guess you could resize your pictures...they are like too big :rolleyes:

Love it. I really like the head lights too. For some reason in the last pic it reminds me of an old skyline? Pic angle I know but looks good.

really thanks for all your responses, and the tinted lights will look better when it's got a different grille ... i hope :) :) they look nice when they are clean too! haha, eventually i'm breaking that other, so i'll have an open break. whatever you want come get it, on axels!! few beers haha, na i'll let you all know!

thanks again

Sounds like an ideal set-up, one good car & one for eventual scrap - after you've removed all the useable parts. So you end up with an even better car (with spares) & get £50-£100 back when you ditch the rough one. Win win situation ! :)

I couldn't be winning more!! :)

It's good, but like i say this group is really good and if anyone wants bits i'm willing to get rid of them, save them going onto the scrap heap for some deals!!

i was very lucky i had the spare yesterday, as the central locking issue kicked in on my current almera...causing it to lock my car... with the keys in it, so grab the straight through centre pipe and in went the window!! haha, it was entertaining hoovering for two hours but worth it. becuase clearly my lock picking skills werent good, and my mate who does it wasnt available... oh well all it cost me was some time! :) saved 70 quid for a proffessional locksmith to do it aswell.

A small update

had quite a long weekend fitted the full exhaust system by powerflow and 4 2 1 manifold, and some RMS Alloys :D then drove off to japfest.

met some guys from my local sussex club
This is at 5 in the morning :)
2vijrwk.jpg

Then we got there...

nosmd0.jpg

the day was really good tons going on.

this is my 'mera pictured with a guy from the clubs car.

2rxae03.jpg

These are the Alloys :P

kcnii0.jpg

Then Finally at JAPFEST i got some clear side repeaters

2roktbn.jpg

And this it
for now, however am sorting the other 'mera out, and just being made into a track car.

Back
Top Bottom