My Almera (with tinted)

• Thread starter Thread starter DrG
  • Start date Start date
D

DrG

My almera tinted, front window, lowest tint, rear windows: second lightest tint, don't know percentage, sorry
DSC03094_sml.jpg

DSC03095_sml.jpg

I'm dissapointed that the acceleration is nowhere near as good as my crappy old 1.4 Nissan Sunny so considering an induction kit / decat but not sure yet, cos don't know much about modifying cars.

get ready for an ass raping for those front tints. you're not allowed anything darker than the factory tint forward of the B pillar.

not geting at you but i can see you havnt any ideas on modding, mainly because the choise of base car, and yes they are pretty dark

As Rhyd said there front tints are illegal! And if you have no idea modifying a car then a 5 door N16 Almer aint the best car to start with! an N15 Almera (old shape) would have been a better choice!

oh no! I assuemd that the window tinting ocmpany would have had some idea about the law. And this was the lowest tint they had.
I just checked here : http://www.carkeys.co.uk/features/everything_else/2276.asp
and it says
The legal position is that the front side windows on all cars must allow 70% of light to pass through them. That figure also applies to the windscreens of cars first used before April 1985; any car first used from then onwards has to let 75% of light through the windscreen.

Is my car not compliant?
BTW, I didn't get my car for modding, but i wanted it tinted cos i dont like harsh sunlight, got my house windows tinted as well.

From inside, i.e. you hardly notice the tint :/ ho hum.. i'm riled now

DSC03096_sml.jpg

DSC03097_sml.jpg

They look illegal. I'd bet the cops would have a field day up here.

There's already a factory tint on the windows of the mera about 10% and I don't see that only being a 20% tint.

I see folk with illegal tints all over the place, guess it's like speeding - you won't get busted for it unless you get busted for it.

I've always been half convinced that the police want light-tinted at the front so that they can see in as much as so you can see out.

that picture seems strange, like you say its still easy to see out of etc and theres obviously alot of light getting in, yet on the outside there pitch black, wonder how badly they would do if they got checked? suppose at night it would be a different story though, no good if you can only see headlights etc.

why you all ragging on the guy cos he has a 5 dor n16.. who did those tints dude i want some like tht can see plenty out but not much in.. i see countless numbers of people driving round with illegal tints hell theres 3 corsas round my area with tinted windscreens!!! i dont know how many coppers actually carry a tint master light gun on them id bet its not alot lol... so they carnt prossecute without evidence most they will give you is a warning and id put monies on them only pulling you if you were drving like a dick! and they wanted to do you on somthing.

sprint said:
suppose at night it would be a different story though, no good if you can only see headlights etc.
I am sure you can see out on a nights I could even see head lights outside with Limo Black Tints
(letting 5% of the light in)

I want tints on the front I am thinking should I or should I not. I am thinking of smoking the rear 3 windows Limo black if not 2nd darkest tint

Leave the tints, fuck the police. As said they will only make an issue of it if you drive like a nob head. My Almera is tinted all round and i have never had any trouble.

if the coppers are decent then they will tell u to rip em off.. if not u get a fine...

i don't understand how it impairs vision though... what if i wear sunglasses? sure i can take them off... but then i can just wind down the window

Back
Top Bottom