My Autech

Picked it up from B3en Sunday. 350 miles in one day :O :eek:

As I said, I would start work on it today, which I have done.

Bought new spark plugs
a new tax disc holder (old one was fooked)
jetwashed the whole car
dried
a coat of Collinite 476 wax
cleaned all the glass inside and out
cleaned all the dash and door cards
door shuts etc, hoovered the whole car (mats out and brushed and hoovered)
cleaned up the engine bay with some fine metal polish to remove the cack on the rocker cover
dressed all the plastics in the engine bay and topped up all the fluids

About to spank up the wheels with some 3:1 (dilution ratio) Auto Glym wheel cleaner and then it rained...So no pics just yet :O

Totally chuffed with the car, I hope to get some snaps later today of it looking quite, quite orgasmic :D There is some lovely beading going on as you read this :lol:

It's pretty swirly, so I will do a full clay and multi-stage de-swirl in the summer to remove all the defects, but for now it's looking sweet and shiney ;)

Cheers all

Excuse the wheels, it rained as I was about to start, but the Collinite 476 wax is doing its job nicely! :)

AutechRoofBeading.jpg

AutechSpoilerBeading.jpg

AutechBonnetBeading.jpg
AutechRearQuarter.jpg

I don't know what it is about newly waxed cars that have rain on them, but it always seems to make for great pictures! Awesome! :cool:

You have a sexy diesel astra instead though i hear :cool:

Nice wax! cant say my Meguiars does that as much, may be coz i dont have a roof for it to collect on though!

looks great, cant beat the collinite imo, lasted a good 3 months on ours and thats washed weekly, would imagine left a few weeks before a wash it would last longer.

try the collinite Kelv, much better than the meguiars waxes for both shine and how long it will last.

how do you find the autoglym wheel cleaner? iv been using the meguiars one and it works great but im sure its very strong, smells very acidy so im worried about it being too strong to use every week, be nice to find something more mild

Fuck cleaning it! Get driving it.

Should be pics of it, doing what it does best.....chewing up roads.

sprint said:
looks great, cant beat the collinite imo, lasted a good 3 months on ours and thats washed weekly, would imagine left a few weeks before a wash it would last longer.

try the collinite Kelv, much better than the meguiars waxes for both shine and how long it will last.

how do you find the autoglym wheel cleaner? iv been using the meguiars one and it works great but im sure its very strong, smells very acidy so im worried about it being too strong to use every week, be nice to find something more mild

I split it so it's 2 parts water and 1 part wheel cleaner, otherwise it's too strong, just let them soak for a bit in that and then use a good shampoo. ;)

GTi kurt said:
Fuck cleaning it! Get driving it.

Should be pics of it, doing what it does best.....chewing up roads.

good call, mines been brown for 2 weeks. its also been chewing up farm tracks, might have to change the shocks soon

sprint said:

You shouldn't really use acidic products on your alloys, even if it says it's made for it! Give them a really good clean, get all the crap off, wax them and then wash once a week with warm soapy water.

It's my understanding that most alloy companies advise against using corrosive materials, as it eats away at the laquer.

You only need fairy liquid!

Rach.

ye sri, spending some money on it for the summer, should be looking nice :)

Dont want to give to much away :D

gloves86 said:
You shouldn't really use acidic products on your alloys, even if it says it's made for it! Give them a really good clean, get all the crap off, wax them and then wash once a week with warm soapy water.

It's my understanding that most alloy companies advise against using corrosive materials, as it eats away at the laquer.

Rach.

agreed, Ive never had to use any kind of alloy wheel cleaner, just soapy water. my lasses wheels have been cleaned with alloy wheel cleaner in the past, and the surface is now pitted, not enough so you can see, but enough to get dirt stuck and then need alloy wheel cleaner to get them clean again, then they have you, as you got to use it all the time

gloves86 said:

Rach.

FAIRY LIQUID!?!?! That strips wax off your car.... :roll:

Buy a good shampoo, if you're unsure about anything detailing wise..

www.detailingworld.co.uk ;)

Back
Top Bottom