my black mera GTi

my black mera GTi (updated 22/5/07)

here she is completely standard apart from the wiper position moved, i will take some more and better pics very soon showing the work i have done so far.

these were taken at work
AlmeraGTiside.jpg
[/IMG]

almerafront.jpg
[/IMG]

and these were taken at Beach head in Eastbourne

almeraatbeachyhead1.jpg
[/IMG]

RIMG0002.jpg
[/IMG]

RIMG0001.jpg
[/IMG]

almerarear.jpg
[/IMG]

thank you.
yea it has had a bit of a nudge so i got it for a couple of hundred less than what it was advertised, it just needs a new front bumper or maybe just get away with a respray as it has only bent the bumper and crazed the paint not actually broken it. and the metal bumper support bar that goes behind it needs replacing, does anyone know if the are bolt on or spot welded on?

Ha, sorry to point it out. You might just be able to remove the bumper, straighten the bar (or replace) and have a go at compounding out most of the scratch?

my grille is like that too! some bastard hit my car in a supermarket,and pissed off.your ever out and about? im over your way every now and then.

right well just a quick update of what i have done e.t.c
rear wiper mod
lowered -30mm on kilen springs
indicators de-globed and sprayed black
P2 rear lights

i have just got in from washing, polishing and waxing it. i used meguiar's gold class shampoo then rinsed, left wet and sprayed with turtle wax spray on wax then dried, followed by a quick polish with turtle wax extreme nano-tec polish then waxed again with meguiar's wax. took me 2 and a half hours start to finish, normaly i take longer but this was just a quick mid-week go over.
here are the results:

RIMG0015-1.jpg

RIMG0008.jpg

RIMG0016-1.jpg

RIMG0009.jpg

RIMG0014-1.jpg

RIMG0010.jpg

RIMG0024.jpg

RIMG0025.jpg

RIMG0020.jpg

RIMG0013-1.jpg

this one was taken just after i got it lowered:

RIMG0007.jpg

these are the views from my back garden:

RIMG0019.jpg

RIMG0018.jpg

the car has alot of stonechips in the bumper and bonnet and alot of tar down the sides wich i didnt have time to get off. also you cant see it there coz the sun isnt bright enough but it is covered in the worst swirl marks ever, i will get her resprayed but not untill i get back from australia in october probably

thanks for the comments i have got a clay bar although i havent used it yet.

Almera guy it is a 1960's rover P80 i think. its a rover 80 anyway im pretty sure it does have P before it though, its in great nick for its age hardly no rust and 1 owner from new(well 2 now) some old boy whoes sight was going gave it to my grandad as he was the only mechanic to have ever worked on it, but unfortunatly my grandad was in hospital at the time with cancer and passed away so my mum has it now and its sat in the garage for best part of 3 years untill she gets round to putting it on the road for classic shows e.t.c

GTi Kurt,, thats the south downs in the back ground we do have awsome views but in the winter it gets really cold with the wind blowing accross all that open land. from my bedroom windom you can see to bexhill (about 7 mile away east) eastbourne and pevensy beach and the south downs (6-9 mile south south/w) and hailsham (5 miles west)

Very lucky.

I have loads of fields behind mine, but you can't really see them past the other houses.

as i scrolled down to the pic below it scared the fuck into me and i nearly fell off my chair lol, nice car though

RIMG0008.jpg

Nice and clean mate.

I'd recommend autoglym tar remover the meguars clay didn't remove all the tar but the ag stuff took it off as quick as fook.

Back
Top Bottom