My car !

Well after looking for one so long finally found one:

Picture1.jpg

its a 99 Trop green as u can see looking dirty but sporting my first mod .. 8000K HID's which are nice and aligned !

75K full stamped history plenty of reciepts and MOT's only 2 owners so not too bad. Only thing is I really want a Black Phase 2 - so what to do people?? Respray ? or wait for a black one to snap it up?

Or anyone wanting to do a swop lol. Don't really want to because mechanically this car is mint, its just one of those things, really wanted a black one for timeeee but got impatient!

I used to have a black wanted and always wanted a Tropical Green one :lol:, I think the GTi suit the trop green better than the black, rarer colour too so just stick with it

Any more pics?? i agree that the GTi suits trop green better than black! its the colour i wanted until i discovered the blue:)

Good choice of car mate!!:D

il take some more pics once ive got a few dents removed - namely a large one on the bootlid!

trop green is a nice colour but its just hard to see wot kind of alloys will go with it , and whether tinted windows would look nice etc.. i dunno maybe im being fussy but if i do see a V reg Black GTi i will definetly buy it if the price is right and then just keep both till i decide what to do !

^ alryt bud, i like em in red and black. but when a saw a green un and then in silver too - they all look sweet.
would have been great if nissan did em in white.

if you keep her, whats your plans?
david

Thanks

im definetly keeping it

Plans are lowering of suspension - and either some inovit rays engineering type alloys or i might go euro-style and get some keskins or borbet a-s in a 16 or 17inch and slam it to the floor

debadge the back including removing of rear wiper

colour code side strips an doorhandles or remove strips - not sure yet.

hm n thats it pretty much ! would like to tint the windows ever so slightly but don't know if it'd look good !

any trop green examples on here i can see (or copy :P)

yeh that looks sweet. im thinking to just lower on standard wheels for now too

how much have u lowered yours by? and whats the ride like? does it catch a lot on humps etc? as i live in london we've got too many here and its my daily car!

Was going to say (re the alloys) when Rick brought my black one he got a lift off one of his friends that had a Trop Green GTi, it had the standard alloys but black with a green pinstripe looked awesome....

Thought id post an update

Been 2 mths now and done approx 4000 miles already ere n there!

Cars running good but seems to be using a bit of oil, ive put about 2litres in since i got it.. maybe needs a service i don't know. any ideas?

also wen driving or taking off in 2nd exhaust seems to be making a rattle. tried it at standstill between 2500-3500 theres a rattley sound coming so may need a new backbox i think. whats the best one to go for? ? or should i get a custom one put on by my local exhaust garage 'flowtech'. don't kno if ne1 has heard of em here as there based in essex but there work is ok.

think brake pads need doing but im looking for ferrodo ds2000 ones, and cant seem to find them? ne1got a clue.

Will post a picc of the car tomoro its looking nice and completely filthy :D

Oil - Replace the PCV valve on the rocker cover. If your symptoms are like mine it may be this cheapish fix (£22). My car wont burn oil when you rev it or nail it or potter around, however it only seems to use oil on long journeys with a little bit of oomph thrown in. Check the oil pressure sensor, mine has a leek which leeks worse when on long journeys. If that's clean then the PCV valve could be knackered causing oil to burn. If neither are bad then its another Gti that's getting the dreaded Valve stem oil seal or piston ring problems caused by lack of servicing. A few years ago this wasn't a problem but as these cars age, Ive seen a few of these problems cropping up on here. Get a pressure test done.

Exhaust - Yeah get a custom made up, i think they're worth it, especially cat back.

Pads wise i'd get some mintex or EBC greenstuff pads if you want to spend a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom