my lil black beauty

• Thread starter Thread starter I don't know
  • Start date Start date
I

I don't know

***updated pics***

Right then, with the help of a very kind person on this site (Rach) I'm now able to show you decent pics of my car & previous cars, so here goes it...

firstly here is my Almera I picked up a week ago:

the 1st day:

Almera4.jpg

then I took the Almera badge off & had the windows tinted:

Almera1.jpg

Almera2.jpg

Almera3.jpg

Prior to the Almera I had a lovely Nissan Navara... I loved this truck & was sorry to see her go!

Truck1.jpg

Before that was my real pride & joy... a 1.8 Astra Cabbie that I had for 18 months, spent around £5k on & had great fun with:

first came 17" alloys:
Astraon17.jpg

then for a laugh I put it on 19s:
Astraon19.jpg

I hope you all like :cool:

gloves86 said:
looks sweet in the little pic...get some big ones up soon though! :)

cheers

once I get my home internet sorted then I will be able too.. until then it's just the avatar... unless some kind member would like to post them for me :)

Nice motor dude

Wotz been done to it?

If you're looking for advice on what to do to your N16 then i made up a wee guide giving advise on what you can do to your N16 and comparing different products

Clicky here

Hope this answers any questions you might have

And Welcome to the forums

cheers for the guide but I can't access it until I become a site member...

as for what mods I've done, I only had the windows tinted & that was Friday, I've had the car just over a week... I bought it with those Fox alloys already on... think the rest is standard, I'm not really sure though!

I got it from Sunderland, chap called Frank... well that's what the log book said, it does have some fancy headlights though & I also took the Almera badge off!

I've not opened the bonnet yet to see if anything has been done under there :-s

dub_almera said:
nice car in your avy mate, how you finding the n16?

well it's a 1.5 so I'm finding it gutless...

it has 17s on, but not lowered so it handles like a pig...

it has gears, I'm used to automatic, so that's an experience...

it's half the size of my last car (Nissan Navara) so it feels cramped...

the interior isn't leather so not as comfy as I'm used too...

it's black, which is a sod to clean...

the stereo is complicated to try to get the right parts to fit my Sony in...

other than that, it's lovely... the most important thing is though, it is cheap to run!

I don't know said:
the most important thing is though, it is cheap to run!

Speak for yourself with that one dude!! LoL i've plowed near enough £4k in repairs alone and about £1k only on mods and most of those are small cost items

Alloys are the most expensive thing on it!!

oh lovely, so you saying I've got some big repair bills coming up then? the car itself has a full Nissan service history & seems to run like a dream... if it starts costing then off it'll go!

What's the mileage on it?

1) My gearbox packed in at 63k miles - after which a new clutch kit was required
2) The RH Rear Brake Calliper and the ENTIRE handbrake system got replaced about 1k miles later
3) A new cat back exhaust system was replaced at the same time all the above was replaced

I've spent roughly, including part, VAT and labour = £4,937.68

That's just in repairs... Mind you mine's is a W-Plate N16 Phase 1 that's practically been to Baghdad and back - very possibly i've got one of the first N16's that got through quality control!!

Whcih does my confidence a load of good seeing as mine is the same reg (no, literally, only the numbers are different) as yours :P

mines a 53 plate with 45k miles on the clock... I'm not going to be doing many miles a year so hopefully get shot of it before I reach 65k lol

***updated pics***

Right then, with the help of a very kind person on this site (Rach) I'm now able to show you decent pics of my car & previous cars, so here goes it...

firstly here is my Almera I picked up a week ago:

Almera4.jpg

the 1st day:

Almera3.jpg

then I took the Almera badge off & had the windows tinted:

Almera1.jpg

Almera2.jpg

Prior to the Almera I had a lovely Nissan Navara... I loved this truck & was sorry to see her go!

Truck1.jpg

Before that was my real pride & joy... a 1.8 Astra Cabbie that I had for 18 months, spent around £5k on & had great fun with:

first came 17" alloys:

Astraon17.jpg

then for a laugh I put it on 19s:

Astraon19.jpg

I hope you all like

(edited so pics would work...bloody photobucket :rolleyes: )

Back
Top Bottom