My Micra - Project M1

Corbalicious

Staff member
As nymo's off the road now awaiting repairs I need a car, so the micra is coming out to play! I bought it off a friend's parents for £25 last may but didnt do much to it except strip the interior (Sold the doorcards and floormats for £25! :cool: ) and add a K and N filter (Free off my mates Corsa).
Now it's back at my house I've painted the bonnet and wheels black (Getting a black grille too) and set to work prepping it for the MoT.
Currently looks like this:
IMGP3962.jpg

IMGP3963.jpg

I need to remove the sticky strips left from the bumpstrips to tidy the exterior up, and it should be lowered in the next few months.

Now, the main problem was a common issue with K11 micras, a rusty front panel/cross member, so I ordered a new one from www.sel-imperial.co.uk which arrived yesterday. In order to ease the cost the mechanic asked me to remove the front end which I've just been doing:
IMGP3984.jpg

Close up Drivers side:
IMGP3985.jpg

Close up Passenger side:
IMGP3986.jpg

And underneath (Pretty rotten):
IMGP3987.jpg

And here's the new one ready to go in!
IMGP3989.jpg

Also to be fixed is the passenger side CV joint, so I bought a spare driveshaft for it which is being fitted at the same time.

Watch this space!

Would it not be wise to spend money on fixing that SRi, rather than fixing a micra to serve as a replacement while the SRi is fixed...

sri_alan said:
Would it not be wise to spend money on fixing that SRi, rather than fixing a micra to serve as a replacement while the SRi is fixed...
I knew you were going to say that! To be honest it's a mixture of things, the insurance company gave me a refund when I transferred cars which helps, this fits into the lower tax bracket (SRi runs out end of april) and costs less to run (The SRi was using more fuel, which meant less money available for repairs). This way I'll have a cheap runaround over the summer (Which can also be played with) so I can hopefully save to get everything done to nymo that I wanted in the first place. It's costing less to fix, MoT and tax this car than nymo. And most of all, I was a bit fed up with the SRi and fancied a change for a bit. Hope that explains it ;) But this will be my chariot for the summer it seems.

Lower it with some sticky tyres and a strut brace and dominate the corners ;)

Nice little motor for £25.
Once the bodyowrk is sorted, put a GA16de in it...

nice little project!

thats one rusty front panel, got me thinking now, 14 year old nissan... maybe my bumpers hiding something nasty...

And it's alive! Passed MoT and got tax on thursday! Need to sort a new CV though and possibly uprate the brakes as these ones are slightly unnerving.

Yeah problem was the new driveshaft I had was a 1.3 one so wouldnt fit, gonna ebay it and source a 1 litre one. Total spend on this one so far has been about £332 including original cost, tax and MoT which isnt bad considering!

Are you gonna fit another 1ltr engine in the back? and have a 4wd 2.0ltr micra? :D lol
seriously though, looking good, nice little project car.

ill do him an update, now fitted with tommosport rear wing, mesh grill and corbsport CORBen fibre bonnet.....

Image001.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image002-1.jpg

Image003.jpg

lmfao! that woud be good a VE he he Nice little car i wanna do a slepper older skool micra the square ones!

Back
Top Bottom